Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

J Bugs Air Cleaner Complaint
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
74 Superbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject: J Bugs Air Cleaner Complaint Reply with quote

Bought a Air cleaner for my bug from J Bugs, I bought the
"REPLACEMENT ELEMENT, WEBER, 1 3/4" ".
I stuck it on, everything looked good, drove my bug twice, took off the air cleaner to do some work and I noticed dust on the choke butterflies on the engine Evil or Very Mad I looked at the "new" air cleaner and it is see through.
It is just a wire screen with little bits of filter here and there Mad
SO, I emailed J Bugs and of course never heard back from them

Next time I'm ordering from Airhead Parts and I'm forgetting about J Bugs.

Sorry, that was my rant for today Embarassed
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should post this in their feedback topic.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered from the best on-line vendors--and the worst (fool me once Wink ), and if you order enough parts, sooner or later--no matter what vendor you're dealing with--they will sell a part that sucks.

I continue to order from a particular vendor, even though I got a funky part once--because the other 99% of the time, I was satisfied with the product line, overall. I also shop by price if I'm certain that the item is the exact same thing and made by the same manufacturer. The vendor in question, sold my seat covers for much less than one of my other "best vendor" businesses, and it was made by the same manufacturer.

I do NOT email vendors if I have a problem. I call them on the phone and speak to someone. And if you actually write a real "paper" letter, you get amazing results (they must think a real letter is somehow more respectable, I guess).

In this case, I have no doubt that the vendor will refund your money.

Just ask.

Tim
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: