Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What redeeming purposes have you used your VW for?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ritchiet002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never done this, because I have always worked the weekends. Now I've retired and can join in! They must have them in your area.

Oahu Toys For Tots Run

http://youtu.be/rkBGlVldMdA

From now on, I'm gonna connect the dots my own way!______________________________________
Zeen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jawon wrote:
Uh, I sense this is not going where I thought it would. This seems to be bringing up negative reactions to religion, politics, and social justice! I suppose I didn't frame this all that well... after running across one of those charity car shows, I just thought it would bring about some interesting stories and experiences. Nothing to see here, I gotta get back to tuning up the engine Laughing

Nah, not negative, just poking a little fun. You can use it to do wonderful things for mankind, but at the end of the day it's just a machine, incapable of independently having redeeming social value. Every type of classic car has charity cruises and such, VW's are no better or worse.

Me, I love using my bus to take stuff to the dump. The low load height makes it easy to throw junk in and take it back out to toss in to the dumpsters on the side of the loading ramp.
shortride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I took a little old lady down the street to a doctors appointment. Her ride never showed up so she call me and ask if I would take her. I showed up in the Beetle Sedan and she asked me what kind of car it was. After her doctors appointment we drove through Sonic's. A lot of folks were smiling and waving at us and she really enjoyed all of the attention she was getting. That made my day.

Retired US Army - 21 years 11B40, 173rd Airborne Brig. - Vietnam Combat Veteran

Last edited by shortride on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: