Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Indonesian VW bus reproductions
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rpdragos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Indonesian VW bus reproductions Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how reputable the Indonesian VW bus maker is and how one buys a foreign made vehicle and brings it into the U.S.? This garage in Indonesia takes Brazillian made buses and cuts the front off replacing them with mid sixties style ones and customizes them into cool camper interiors.
Derek Cobb
Annoying

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen those ads and threads and the work looks amazing. I don't think there is any way you can make a Brazillian legal in the US, however. Perhaps for a US customer they would use an older bay window bus that doesn't need to meet the safety and emissions standards of the more modern Brazillian bus'.
I can't imagine the work would actually increase the value in any long term way, though. The finished product looks splittyish, but it isn't actually a splitty, and it wouldn't even hold it's value as a bay window, since it wouldn't really be that anymore. In the end I think you'd have a high priced oddity, and people will see them as weird bastards down the road.
$30k will get you a real split window bus, and that will continue to be worth $30K as time goes on. God only knows what a $30k bay window that looks like a splitty will be worth five years from now, but I really really doubt it would hold it's value.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rpdragos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice...thanks for your detailed analysis....I'll stick to a true vintage stateside model.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: