Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone looking for a Well priced THING!!!
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonny Rock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree. That's how I bought my first Thing-put down $100, and paid the full cost in cash a few days later. That first Thing was much closer to me though, whereas this one was over an hour-drive away. That first seller also wanted the Thing to stay local.

This seller basically gave me a 5-hour window to drop whatever I was doing Sunday afternoon, and get over there. This was after over a week of no contact from them-waiting for the CA buyer to come up with the money, or the deal to fall through.

The other frustrating thing, was that they never answered their phone. Just received endless texts and emails from two different people-the seller and his mom. They even reiterated on Sunday, that the deal was still between me or the CA buyer.

Anyways, I hope it is a rust bucket, full of major electrical and mechanical issues. Razz
mkparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyways, I hope it is a rust bucket, full of major electrical and mechanical issues.

I feel that the issue is between you and the seller, not you and the buyer. Wish ill on the seller if you want...the buyer is just someone that wanted a Thing and never knew of you...I assume.

Pit Boy 6163 Spec Trophy Truck
Jonny Rock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean ill-will towards the buyer. Not sure where you got that from. Are you the one who bought it?

It was likely parked for a good reason. It looked like a basket case that was full of headaches, which I will not have to deal with now. Razz Again, the seller never let me look at it, but I could see some questionable repairs/bondo from the pics. Who knows what else wasn't disclosed?
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jonny Rock was just hoping he didn't ultimately miss out on much.

Extending that thought further, that would mean the buyer got a rust bucket but it doesn't necessarily mean Jonny Rock wished ill will on the buyer. Presumably, the buyer saw the Thing for what it was whatever it was, and is happy he/she paid whatever for it.

I have seen some amazing work in my short time on this forum on Things you couldn't have given to me for free.
mkparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it from here:

Quote:
Anyways, I hope it is a rust bucket, full of major electrical and mechanical issues.

As oasis pointed out, I probably read more into it than I should have, I apologize. I'm not the buyer. I have one Thing I can't find time to work on already.

Keep looking they seem to pop up around here frequently these days.
Good luck!

Pit Boy 6163 Spec Trophy Truck
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: