Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

anyone use 4X130MM to 4X100MM adapters before?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshooalane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: anyone use 4X130MM to 4X100MM adapters before? Reply with quote

So I found some 13' wheels from a 66 mustang that have the smoothie look in a 4 lug that I've been looking for, just curious if anyone has run a setup like that before?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 foot wheels?

Assuming you really mean 13" wheels, were would you find tires that would not keep your to driving about 40 mph for a top speed?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
neil68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Mustang Reply with quote

Early Mustangs had 4 x 114 and then switched to 4 x 108, so those 1966 wheels may not be 4 x 100...check them carefully. My son tried to put Ford wheels (from the wrecker) on his Honda and discovered this fitment issue.

FWIW, CIP1.com sells 4 x 100 brake rotors & drums in the 4 x 100 pattern, so that you can use most of the newer import wheels.

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
68 Beetle 2332 cc, 204 WHP
12.5 seconds @ 107 mph
Dynojet Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9B_H3eklAo
Joshooalane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh i see... I hadn't really thought about tires yet... and yes haha no monster truck wheels here. hmmm I suppose It's not worth the hassle I'll just go ahead and go for 5 lug conv. Thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: