Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Addition to the Collection
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: New Addition to the Collection Reply with quote

My latest addition to the collection. 71 Super Beetle Convertible. Nice solid car, runs great, everything works, top/seats/panels all in great condition. Just needs some detailing and minor cosmetic things to be a great car.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I still have my 63 Sunroof Herbie and 62 Sunroof Hippy Bug. Just something else to mess with.
cseay1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking flat windshield Super Vert .. Love the dark blue with black wheels and white interior/top.

If it were mine I would do something about that reverse rake.

Great find!

1968 Karmann Ghia coupe - build log here: Chris' 68 Ghia Build Log - From the Woods back to the Street

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
2true
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cseay1 wrote:
Nice looking flat windshield Super Vert .. Love the dark blue with black wheels and white interior/top.

If it were mine I would do something about that reverse rake.

Great find!

x2
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the best way to lower the front of a Super? Adjustable struts with the shorter connectors and springs?
73sports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjustable struts are the way to lower a super. Now if you want to run wider tires, you can get the tapered springs. If you want to run wide big rims, then you'd want to go with the Maxx struts, which is a coil over style, and will give the most clearance for the wheel.

Central Jersey VW Society
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered adjustable struts and a complete bushing set and will be rebuilding the front end in the next couple weeks. That should dramatically change the stance of the car. I've also compound buffed and polished the paint, installed aluminum beauty rings, installed proper trunk liners, and have completely repainted everything in the engine compartment. Also installed a rain deflector over the vents in the deck lid to keep my freshly restored engine compartment looking nice. I have the light gray carpet set and light gray rubber floor mats, but have decided to replace the passenger side floor pan completely before I do that. I've also got the proper running board trim but will remove the boards and coat them with POR15 top and bottom. The car is turning out great. I'll post some more pics after the front is lowered.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: