Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eureka Springs Arkansas August, 22-24, 2014
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
yardbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoustonPhotog wrote:
This will be my first time... I heard about it at Dubsplash last month so I'm ready for the roadie...

The BW was sold out so I had to find another place to stay... looking forward to the show!

650 miles... 11 hours (normal car drive time.. lol)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If you plan on camping, most of the bus and vanagon guys stay at lake leatherwood.. by the way - I'm Toyotology on IG
HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yardbug wrote:
If you plan on camping, most of the bus and vanagon guys stay at lake leatherwood.. by the way - I'm Toyotology on IG

ahh cool deal Alex! I appreciate the info... bummed I already booked a place in town. Didn't realize there was a cool spot to camp at. We'll get there Thursday night and drive around and see the sights Friday, If you guys are at the camp site we'll have to swing by and check it out. I'll pm you my info.

I was torn between camping and staying at the historic 1886 Crescent Hotel there in town. One of my (not so) normal hobbies is staying at haunted hotels around the country. The 1886 is supposed to be one of the countries most haunted hotels based on many people's lists so I opted for the hotel stay. I'll be staying there and doing their ghost tour Saturday night after the VW show.

Who knows... if the crap gets crazy after the first night at the hotel i might relocate to the campgrounds! lol.
hoghead5150
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottyG wrote:
Dang... you guys are close to ES. Must be nice!

If I end up doing an overnight stay at a friend's in Dallas on Wed, I'll be rolling through Poteau sometime Thursday morning. Let's trade numbers and maybe we can roll together for that last leg of the trip Smile

pm sent!

i measured once, cut it three times, and the damn thing is STILL to short!
yardbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoustonPhotog wrote:
yardbug wrote:

ahh cool deal Alex! I appreciate the info... bummed I already booked a place in town. Didn't realize there was a cool spot to camp at. We'll get there Thursday night and drive around and see the sights Friday, If you guys are at the camp site we'll have to swing by and check it out. I'll pm you my info.

I was torn between camping and staying at the historic 1886 Crescent Hotel there in town. One of my (not so) normal hobbies is staying at haunted hotels around the country. The 1886 is supposed to be one of the countries most haunted hotels based on many people's lists so I opted for the hotel stay. I'll be staying there and doing their ghost tour Saturday night after the VW show.

Who knows... if the crap gets crazy after the first night at the hotel i might relocate to the campgrounds! lol.

You can't go wrong with the crescent. My wife and I stayed there one night on our honey moon and ended up walking away with our own haunting experience (nothing terrifying). We had a great stay and it's a beautiful hotel with great turn of the century architecture. When we stayed there 7 years ago, they had a wonderful breakfast that I would recommend enjoying if they still offer it.
bb10478
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going for the first time here. Leaving OKC around 6:00 am Friday morning in my '72 Beetle. Wouldn't mind joining a convoy if anyone is traveling that morning.
hoghead5150
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your going to have a good time!!

we are leaving out thursday morning around 8. gotta get my uncle around that early, he's old!! i'm going to trailer my bug up this time. long highway rides are a little hard on the motor, but my uncle is driving his ghia, and my other friends are driving their bugs and bus's.

pitbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bb10478 wrote:
Going for the first time here. Leaving OKC around 6:00 am Friday morning in my '72 Beetle. Wouldn't mind joining a convoy if anyone is traveling that morning.

We'll be stopping in OKC Wed night(somewhere) and leaving thursday am Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we can register there at the event?

I never did send my info in since I wasn't sure if I could make it or not.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

nevermind I see they have open registrations on Friday 12-5pm

Thanks!

yardbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoustonPhotog wrote:
I guess we can register there at the event?

I never did send my info in since I wasn't sure if I could make it or not.

nevermind I see they have open registrations on Friday 12-5pm

Thanks!

It fills up quick.
HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yardbug wrote:
It fills up quick.

Spoke to the guy running the event last night and I should be good on registering once I get into town. pheew... =)

The van is packed and ready to hit the road maņana!
hoghead5150
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have arrived, Anybody around the trails inn stop on by

HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished 600 miles from Houston Texas to Eureka Springs... The van did great as this was my longest trek with it since I got it a year ago. Left at 530am got to my hotel at 530pm. Time to shower and go eat!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: