Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: kekonaiii
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 20, 2024
kekonaiii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagbuff wrote:
As a first time poster to TheSamba my comment will be probably taken with a grain of salt. Be that as it may I must share the following.

Kona Fleming aka Kekonaii, has loose sets of Riviera rims for sale in the classified section. I contacted him saying that I was looking a couple of rims for my porsche 914. I was very specific since since I already had a couple of sets that do not clear the fenders . I asked for pictures to match up with a type that I know fits (friend loaned me a set). He stated that he couldn't get pictures because they were stored "high on a shelf" but instead provided a several pictures from the web web showing equivalent.

I identified the type I needed (smooth center - black and alu color), and negotiated a price with shipping($70 for shipping and 3% for Paypal). As a final cross-check I asked him to check the offset (provided the exact dimension to verify) to make sure it was correct... inconveniently (or conveniently if you are Kona), the rims were now packed up and couldn't be checked, and I needed to send the money asap or miss the UPS drop off. At that time I was assured that it was the right rim (he is an expert after all).

The following week, I receive the rims... first instead of being painted black they are ORANGE (minor detail if you are a crook - LOL) and instead of the 5.5" width they are 4.5". I contacted him asking him about the width and offset (offset dimension I gave him could never have worked with 4.5 wide rim any honest person would have figured it out). The discussion quickly turned to very defensive (didn't even get to call him out on the color) and I was told I was clueless and to "F&ck off" followed by a hang up.

Clearly this person is dishonest and is willing to lie and misrepresent items to make a few bucks (not much money but I guess his integrity is cheap). I am amazed that someone would think that I would not notice they were ORANGE instead of black??? To add insult to injury, I filed a complaint with Paypal and they summarily dismissed my claim (I will save my rant about Paypal for another thread), although it will be re-opened shortly since it is such a blatant mis-representation.

So.... Beware of this seller!!

Most of this story is fabercated, but everyone here knows me and I am an UP and UP person.

I gave him all the facts "THAT HE REQUESTED"and he ran with it.

He was in a BIG rush to get to a race and I was to hurry up and pack them up PER his request. I did everything in one day. Then he sent money to wrong place "His delay". Mind you I already had them packed up and ready to go. Anyone that has packed up rims knows how much work it is!!!!!!!!

Color was never a factor just the lip is what he was concered about.

This is really important below!!!

Quote:
As a final cross-check I asked him to check the offset (provided the exact dimension to verify) to make sure it was correct... inconveniently (or conveniently if you are Kona), the rims were now packed up and couldn't be checked, and I needed to send the money asap or miss the UPS drop off. At that time I was assured that it was the right rim (he is an expert after all).

He wanted them to get out THAT DAY which is FRIDAY. I already had them packed on Thursady when I packed them for him. He emailed me Wed I packed Thursday and sent Friday. It was 4 pm Friday and UPS closes at 5 PM. This is when he tells me that he wants me to measure the rims. Sorry I told him they are packed up. I could have refunded his money no problem he wanted them sent out. So, I sent them PER his say so. I went out of my way to drop them off to UPS since they had already made their stop here and would not be back till Monday, now WHAT company does this? YOu think SB or SKAT or the Beeergs are going to do this?

We could have waited till Monday!!!!! Right folks?? But NOOOOO he wanted them right away.

Mind you he has (according to him) bought about 19 of these rims in the past and has not found one that fit his car. Now this one doesn't fit either and now he wants to send them back. Dos it sound like someone shopping at someone elses expense? Does to me.

He never cared about the colors in any of his emails and then he tells me all he cared about was the LIP on the rim. I sent him a picture of one that looked like the one I had and he was FINE with that. Now he complains about.

Anywway paypal usually takes about a week to 3 weeks to settle disputes. THEY DID IT IN ONE DAY FOLKS!!!!! After I showed them all the evidence of his emails, PICTURES and my emails, his story didn't hold ANY water... Buyers Remorse.

Buyer Remorse is not at my expense sorry.

Anyway for anyone that does read this knows that I have never ripped anyone off and it's sad that I would be called a crook and dishonest and a liar OH WELL I guess you can't please everyone Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mrbajadude
Samba Member

Location: Yerington, NV, home of the VORRA 300 mile off road race

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dealt with Kona for sometime now and he has never failed me! Good emails, well packed goods and quick shipping. Ol' John
Airkewld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the 3/8's nuts, love them!

Win a FREE Chassis Rebuild - https://airkewld.co/WinAChassis

Learn from a PRO on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/Airkewld

FAQ - https://airkewld.co/FAQ

View our Industry Leading Products - https://www.airkewld.com/Products-s/2322.htm

We made a iPhone Ringtone with a Classic VW Turbo Engine - https://airkewld.co/RingtoneTurbo

YouTube Channel - https://airkewld.co/SubSamba
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TexasTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT experience!
Bought some single-port cylinder tins from Kona.
He had them packed and shipped within a couple days and here they are, no worries.
Thanks Kona!
TexasTom
tmcdade
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a set of 5.325" Eagle H-Beam rods fron Kona. Shipping was fast, and no problems Applause
VDUBYA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kona is a great guy to do bussiness with! fast shipping and helped me with a snag on a part. Not many people with go the extra mile to take care of another company's parts. Thanks ! will do bussiness again
Car_Man_Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: No Issues Reply with quote

Ordered an oil pump puller. Best deal on thesamba.com! Took Paypal and shipped at-cost. Smooth transaction from start to finish.
68 Type 3 Fastback "Fasty"
69 Bug "Sunflower"
70 Bug "$50 bug"
72 Baja Champion
72 Super Beetle Convertible
72 Super Shell
73 412
73 Transporter "Bluffy"
74 Standard Bug
74 Jeans Käfer
'74 Dasher "Green Terror"
75 Super Baja
84 Cabriolet "Pip Squeak"
90 Corrado G60 + donor 90 G60
04 R32 "rThirsty2"
04 New Beetle Turbo S
06 New Beetle TDI
07 GTI Fahrenheit #67
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fuscavw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a deck lid oval big spring from Kona and was very pleased, just as expected.
Joe Reynolds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a whole bunch of stuff from Kona and everything with the deal was great including the parts. His patience with my questions just to get started and responding quickly to validate the total with shipping was much appreciated.

I would not hesitate to work with him again.

Thank you.
jjenkins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: trying to contact for a purchase Reply with quote

i am trying to get ahold of this guy to buy some thing listed in the classifieds. i have emailed him from the ad 2 times. and pm'd him over about 3 days now. is he always hard to get ahold of? i don't intend to make a bad rep or anything because what i hear from this thread, and some people i know where i'm at that his is a decent person to deal with...i just don't want to miss out on a sweet deal he has listed!

any one have any thoughts?
kekonaiii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: trying to contact for a purchase Reply with quote

jjenkins wrote:
i am trying to get ahold of this guy to buy some thing listed in the classifieds. i have emailed him from the ad 2 times. and pm'd him over about 3 days now. is he always hard to get ahold of? i don't intend to make a bad rep or anything because what i hear from this thread, and some people i know where i'm at that his is a decent person to deal with...i just don't want to miss out on a sweet deal he has listed!

any one have any thoughts?

Sorry took the kids on a road trip and I forgot to post it. I already sent you a message.. Thanks.
Offy 220
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: German Single Port cylinder tins Reply with quote

Purchased right and left German Single Port cylinder tins from Kona. Tins are in excellent shape and condition. Communications were great and received the tins in a short amount of time. Will purchase from Kona again. Smile
pow_rider17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please help

Can anyone provide a phone # for these guys. I need to talk to someone and email just isn't going to cut it or be fast enough any more.

Thanks

NM its in one of the pics and all is well.

Quality looking pistons and cylinders.
2332 baja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been dealing with Kona for a while now and placed several orders with him. He's always been quick with email responses. He lets me know when something's out of stock,,, how soon he'll have it,,, and offers to sub it for a similar part (when applicable). Shipments are fast and safe,,, and the parts are always "as described" or better. He's definitely on my preferred vendors list and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
Thanks a million Kona!
MauiVWBUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had two transactions with Kona. Communication was great, prices are excellent, shipping was very fast all the way to Hawaii. Will definitely buy from him again.

Mahalo Kona!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great deal great prices great service.wish I had more $$ to buy more $tuff.
frankiefoto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: It's all good Reply with quote

Thanks again for the part and fast service
Catch ya again for sure
gin23deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: VERY POOR COMMUNICATOR Reply with quote

This guy advertises all over, never replies emails for parts/serious enquires, rubbish, if thats how you run a business KEEP IT
Mark hopley/Gingersbuses U.K
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
luckystiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your trying within the last few days he's probably doing what ALOT of vendors are this week and going to Octo and the other associated shows this week.

i've never had it take more than a day to get a response from him. most times it was same day...ken....
gin23deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lo sent several over the year thinking he maybe busy, all type 4 related, never had a response
never mind
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 22

Jump to: