Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Nissan NV200 van now exporting to the US
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyBoyGomes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Nissan NV200 van now exporting to the US Reply with quote

I know that there are loads of other new camper options available outside of the US, but I just learned that Nissan is now exporting their NV200 compact van into america. There is already a decent camper conversion kit available for it in the UK (here's a video walk-through of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By18PEBR_Q8 ). Now that the car is on our shores, I wonder if any camper kit would also become available here.

Overall, it looks a little more compact than the vanagon interior and the pop-top doesn't seem to have an upper bed, but all the other ammenities (sink, burner, fridge, aux battery) appear the same. The double-door feature is also really cool. The base NV2000 in america is about $21k according to Nissan's website, no idea what the camper conversion would cost though if/when it becomes available.
tncsparky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does Nissan offer a diesel in the NV vans overseas?

scotth17
I think you are just waiting around for a high-five from a unicorn so you can feel better about yourself
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The major drawback with this as with every FWD van with a nose on it (yes, even the Eurovan) is the lack of interior volume.

Our beloved "bricks" (type 2) units just ooze useable space.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TommyBoyGomes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this thread got moved, ah well. Yep Keev, I agree. I'm especially intrigued that the european model of this van has an electric engine that gets 55mpg (!). If that comes to our shores too (looks like the US version still uses a 22mpg dino-nectar engine), it could be a game-changer.
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Nissan NV200 van now exporting to the US Reply with quote

TommyBoyGomes wrote:
I know that there are loads of other new camper options available outside of the US, but I just learned that Nissan is now exporting their NV200 compact van into america. There is already a decent camper conversion kit available for it in the UK (here's a video walk-through of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By18PEBR_Q8 ). Now that the car is on our shores, I wonder if any camper kit would also become available here.

Overall, it looks a little more compact than the vanagon interior and the pop-top doesn't seem to have an upper bed, but all the other ammenities (sink, burner, fridge, aux battery) appear the same. The double-door feature is also really cool. The base NV2000 in america is about $21k according to Nissan's website, no idea what the camper conversion would cost though if/when it becomes available.

Went on Nissan North America site. As a cargo van it is slated as a possible future product. There is no camper model noted.
TommyBoyGomes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, it looks like the standard cargo van is already a 2014 model year that is available. http://www.nissancommercialvehicles.com/build/trim

But you're right in that I don't see any camper versions on the USA site. It'll probably have to be fitted by a 3rd party camper company.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: