Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2002 Golf 2.0
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: 2002 Golf 2.0 Reply with quote

im looking at used 2002 gulf with the 2.0 engine it has 151,000 miles on it. are there any problems that i should be looking for that are specific to this model?
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much. The automatics don't have a great reputation but I don't know from personal experience. I have heard the 2.0 liter engines from this generation can be a little bit of an oil consumer with that much mileage as compared the previous version of the 2.0 but I know a Jetta with 175k miles and the same 2.0 and it still doesn't need a splash of oil between oil changes (every 5k miles since new).

Check the timing belt and other stuff as you would any other used car. Find out as much about the history as possible. Get a Carfax or similar.

Our '02 has the TDI which we love, but everything with our '02 has been trouble-free since new. It's the only current car I can't imagine ever giving up. Good luck.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: