Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cylinders for DRAG RACING
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michla wrote:

Man, now that IS a short piston! Only bummer about the lack of a longer skirt is "piston rock" or tilting in the bore--wears out the cylinder faster,

possibly, as it is you are pulling the piston so far out the bottom you can see the pin. It does work but sure is spooky Laughing
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michla wrote:
bugguy1967 wrote:
This is exactly what you're looking for

Very cool !!! Man, I can only imagine what the shipping from Sweden to Alaska would be, but then again quality like that doesn't come along very often.

Well the price would fall somewhere in-between.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

modok wrote:
michla wrote:

Man, now that IS a short piston! Only bummer about the lack of a longer skirt is "piston rock" or tilting in the bore--wears out the cylinder faster,

possibly, as it is you are pulling the piston so far out the bottom you can see the pin. It does work but sure is spooky Laughing

my mahle motorsports pistons are 1.805 tall with a 1.175 pin hight.there about 400grams with thick wall pin.I could get them much lighter with thin wall pins and I may do just that on a set,but these pins are casidum coated so....there 0 so sweet also ..As for the piston... spookey sweet.
I will use mahle cylinders on 1 set and aa on the other set,possiably brial type 4 cylinders. The only issue I see with the AA stuff is the top of the cylinders is jaggedd as hell fro the cut.that needs to be improved/remover. add a internal cha,fer to remove it so cracks dont have a head start, remember crack kills.
neil68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: JPM cylinders Reply with quote

michla wrote:
bugguy1967 wrote:
This is exactly what you're looking for

Very cool !!! Man, I can only imagine what the shipping from Sweden to Alaska would be, but then again quality like that doesn't come along very often.

I live in Canada and have ordered JPM parts both directly from Johannes (heads, camshaft & lifters) as well as from CSP (one of his dealers).

The shipping wasn't much more than I've paid from some US suppliers. One thing to keep in mind, is that you do not have to pay the VAT (tax), so that lowers the cost by approximately 18%...depending if the parts are coming from Sweden (JPM) or Germany (CSP).

In the case of CSP, they actually have the shipping calculator on their website, so you enter your items and destination, which provides the shipping cost. When I purchased my Raptor Venturi set from CSP, I completed the transaction entirely on their website and the parts arrived in a few days. They sent tracking emails throughout, so that I could follow the package from Europe to North America, and across the country from the East coast to my location in the West.

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
68 Beetle 2332 cc, 204 WHP
12.5 seconds @ 107 mph
Dynojet Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9B_H3eklAo

Last edited by neil68 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
michla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: JPM cylinders Reply with quote

bugguy1967 wrote:

I live in Canada and have ordered JPM parts both directly from Johannes (heads, camshaft & lifters) as well as from CSP (one of his distributors).

Thanks much, very helpful
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil68, I just saw an updated pic of your car. It's lookin' tough these days!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does a set of 94 cylinders run from jpm?

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
neil68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: JPM cylinders Reply with quote

jfats808 wrote:
What does a set of 94 cylinders run from jpm?

I don't see the JPM cylinders listed on CSP's website, but here's an information link from JPM's site. It looks like you'll have to contact them for the price:

http://en.jpmotorsports.se/ms/ms/j-p-motorsport-ab-products-helsingborg-254-68/ms-90001226-p-5/#JPM Billet Cylinder

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
68 Beetle 2332 cc, 204 WHP
12.5 seconds @ 107 mph
Dynojet Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9B_H3eklAo
michla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good now.
Paid the big bucks for a NOS set of Cima/Mahle pistons & cylinders right here from a Samba seller. Circa 1989, should be all Brazil.

I'll be investing in a whole new engine in 2016 and will probably go to 94mm just to find more buying advantages.

Thanks guys.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: