Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Please help from anyone familiar with '74 Super Beetle?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigjl71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Please help from anyone familiar with '74 Super Beetle? Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I have another issue I need some help with on my '74 Super. There is a wireing harness under the back seat that runs from the drivers side to the passenger side, it contains 3 wires which are a brown wire with a white stripe, a plain brown wire, and a yellow wire with 2 red stripes(one on each side). Can anyone tell me what these are supposed to go to, and do they need to be hooked up? Thanks for any insight anyone might have... Question Question Question
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're just wires that went to your factory diagnostic terminal plug, probably no longer in the car. They are of no consequence, might want to tape up the ends or whatever just in case but it's fine.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
bigjl71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sb001, I've already had all the nightmares with the wiring in this thing that I ever want to have, so I'm sure glad they don't matter... maybe you can tell me what the little square relay is under the back seat on the drivers side also? I'm still having problems getting my tail/brake/turn signals to function like they are supposed to so I'm trying to make sure not to overlook anything that could be an issue...
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigjl71 wrote:
Thank you sb001, I've already had all the nightmares with the wiring in this thing that I ever want to have, so I'm sure glad they don't matter... maybe you can tell me what the little square relay is under the back seat on the drivers side also? I'm still having problems getting my tail/brake/turn signals to function like they are supposed to so I'm trying to make sure not to overlook anything that could be an issue...

Little square relay should be your rear window defrost relay. You should have a constant 12v power coming in from the battery, a switched power lead coming in from the switch on your dash, a wire going up the rear pillar to the rear window, and either a ground wire or it could just be bolted to chassis which would also provide the ground.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: