Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Value of complete set of Hot vw magazines
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rustfree1967bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Value of complete set of Hot vw magazines Reply with quote

Hey guys, i am buying a split bus from a guy and over the phone he mentioned he has basically a complete set of hot vws magazines. Sounds like from pretty much the first issue up to about the year 2000. He said he does have the 1977 cal look issue as well. I do not know much about the value on these things so was wondering if someone could give me a rough estimate on what the whole collection is worth. I think he knows they have some value but i do not know what to offer.
'66 sunroof beetle
'74 bus
'67 so-42

IDA's...well... they talk dirty -MURZI
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the 1977 cal look issue but the Feb. 1975 cal look issue is where the money is at.
Are you looking to keep or sell collection?
rustfree1967bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, i meant the 1975 edition. And i guess it depends, if the value is there and i get them resonably i may try and sell them. Just dont want to overpay and be stuck with them.
'66 sunroof beetle
'74 bus
'67 so-42

IDA's...well... they talk dirty -MURZI
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not knowing how long you've been buying/subscribing- it really depends on how you define value. I always want to find issues previous to 1982 just for nostalgia- but I'd never pay more than .50 an issue. The first and cal look issues are the money- not the 80 issues dedicated to rabbits and corvair dune buggies.

If I were in your shoes- I'd make an offer just on the few issues you want and offer to take the 200 pounds of unwanted ones off his hands as a favor.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: