Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1300cc carb jetting question
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
deltabrent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: 1300cc carb jetting question Reply with quote

I have a 1300 engine with the UK "Hotdog" header exhaust and a cheep chrome air filter. 010 dizzy... I have a 28pict1 carb on it and it runs sitting on a pallet. (Just got it going a little while ago).

I also have a 30pict3 carb that I stole some parts off of for the 28. Wondering if taking the Jets out of this to put in the 28 would make sense? I'm into a few extra horses and figure the slightly larger displacement and the exhaust/air filter require a bit richer mixture anyways.

The 30pict3 is for a 1600SP so wondering if the Jetting is too much for a 1300 wit a few minor bolt on modifications?
Slow 1200
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you using a 28? AFAIK a stock 1300 came with a 30PICT-1, so the PICT-3 can be made to work with some rejetting
deltabrent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 30pict3 I've read is a less popular carb and this particular one was pretty much junk. I stole some parts off it for the 28... As is it runs fine. I thought maybe it'll pick up a little pep with new jets?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: