Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Question on Calli Custom White Wall Tires
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mscdman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Question on Calli Custom White Wall Tires Reply with quote

I am in the market for some whitewall tires and came across this site:

http://callitw.com/index.php?route=common/home

They claim to vulcanize the whitewall rubber to the tire and it looks to be a few hundred less than real whitewalls.

Does anyone have experience using these tires? I have seen a tire with what appears to be this process where the whitewall was peeling away from the tire.

Any experience or thoughts welcome!
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, there reviews from local testers are really good. I would just ask what tire they are starting with for the 165/80/15's. From the sound of it, probably something low end. They do say that you can ship your tires to them as well (or if you are in Sacramento, just drive them on over)

still, way cheaper. If you do it, please let us know what you think. The lowrider guys seem happy with them
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mscdman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tires choices for 165/80/15 are limited to start with. They are using a nankang tire. I placed my order early this week. Will let you know
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any updates as to quality?
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mscdman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Got the tires and had them mounted but have not put them on the car. First impression it is not what I was expecting. I assumed the white rubber strip was "melted/fused" into the black. It's not. It's just a strip of white rubber which looks to be "glued" to the Blackwall. Kind of disappointed. I don't see how these will hold up without peeling off. Wishing I had spent the extra 200 to get the real deal upon first glance.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: