Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Window felt
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
reluctantartist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: Window felt Reply with quote

Will the beetle window felt channels work in the 412 estate. I noticed there are one window channels which might be lone enough.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough......I dont know. I have never gotten to the point of replacing mine.
I have had the felt inserts out....the metal rim with the felt in it......for painting before. Its kind of tricky getting it out. Just be patient.
From what I remember it should not be too hard to put new felt in the original trim ring.
Let us know what you discover.
Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bb412
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: window felt Reply with quote

i have change the old felt with the felt for home sliding window felt,with an super glue,, on the metal,, that work fine,,,
reluctantartist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning to do that for the scrapers but i am getting the beetle felt channel to see if it will work as my felt channels are worn and not sealing well.
bb412
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: window felt Reply with quote

hi,, you can do an oder thing,, change the right side inner felt for outside driver felt,,if it is betther,,they are the same,,
reluctantartist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the beetle channels will not work. I should have taken a closer look at the 412 channels. They are unique. They do not have a felt insert like most channels. I saw on a hotrod forum that people use velcro loop for this. So that will be my next thing to investigate.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the Auveco website first and see if they have anything useful.
your coil and bushing should be in any day. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: