Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Part numbers
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenkennedy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Part numbers Reply with quote

I have acquired a parts book for the vw Hormiga. Most of the numbers are the usual 9 digit system for vw. However some have the prefix "BAN" in front of a six digit number....like BAN 407 331. Any idea what these parts are? Some kind of an outsourced part maybe??
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your parts book have a date?

One country the Hormiga was sold in was Mexico. I have seen many Beetle part numbers there that have 3 letters replacing the first three digits. Usually they are BAA, so I think your manual is referencing a part designed and made in Mexico.
I have a few Hormiga gearbox parts. Here is the unique gear carrier:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

In this case it is part number 200 301 173A. This suggests to me that the Hormiga might have been called a type 200, just like a Beetle is a type 113.

Any chance you can scan what you have and post them in the technical section here:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/type2.php
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kenkennedy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: hormiga info Reply with quote

I have asked Everett to put the manual on the site. It is dated 1977 and it does refer to it as Model 200. VW museum has no knowledge of it at all except for a brochure that they are sending me, which I will share as well when it gets here.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: