Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

hassia or hella heart tailight lens.
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: hassia or hella heart tailight lens. Reply with quote

I have a 7-54 beetle with heart tail lamps. I have Hassia and Hella tail lamp lenses. I'm not sure which would be correct for 7-54 or if they were used randomly depending on what was on hand. I think it had the Hassia's originally but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any info on this?
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: hassia or hella heart tailight lens. Reply with quote

Wow, no replies to this question for 6 years.

I too wonder about this general question. I'm assuming that both were regular suppliers to Volkswagen. I'm also guessing that the Hella "snowflake" taillight lens is more common that the Hassia version. It seems that Hella is more commonly seen on Beetles and in swap meet parts.

Comments or opinions?

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: hassia or hella heart tailight lens. Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
Wow, no replies to this question for 6 years.

I too wonder about this general question. I'm assuming that both were regular suppliers to Volkswagen. I'm also guessing that the Hella "snowflake" taillight lens is more common that the Hassia version. It seems that Hella is more commonly seen on Beetles and in swap meet parts.

Comments or opinions?

Bill

Definitely see more of the Hella on snowflakes, when i get home ill see what lens i have on my hearts. My vert lens only have a hella logo no numbers
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: hassia or hella heart tailight lens. Reply with quote

Hmmmm, Hella glass lenses without any numbers? I think all the Hella and maybe even all the Hassia glass lenses that I have probably have the numbers with the logo. Dave, do you have an Oval with "heart" taillights, or just a pair of "heart" taillights? You holding out on me?

I have a set of original "heart" and a set of original "egg" taillights socked away, and I think I even have a set of original "round" Split lenses put away. I'll have to dig 'em out to see what logos and numbers they have...

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: hassia or hella heart tailight lens. Reply with quote

Unfortunately Bill i don't have an oval with heart tail lights, just spares. I have a set of eggs also and some Swedish and Chevron tail lights for 55-61.
My vert was built on Aug 9 1955,all my windows are big Sekurit logos and my tail lights are one year only (from what i have researched )diffusers are like heart diffusers and the brackets are funky also.

common bracket on top in pic.

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: hassia or hella heart tailight lens. Reply with quote

Our '61 had Hassia snowflakes.

I still have the passenger side housing and bulb holder somewhere. It has a different style diffuser than the Hellas.
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: hassia or hella heart tailight lens. Reply with quote

Now I'm gonna have to go back and look at my Hassia's and their diffusers, as I seem to remember that they appeared at casual glance to look the same as the Hella diffusers. Anyone know of a source of those thin foam-like gaskets that go between the diffuser and the glass lens? I don't see that gasket or even any diffuser lenses available at W.W.

Dave, I have seen that thin yellowish diffuser before too I guess I'll be digging out my "heart" lights to see what kind of diffuser they have (or don't have).

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: