Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Convertible Window - Installation
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tb03830
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Convertible Window - Installation Reply with quote

I have a 1964 Vert and the top is in good condition but due to a cheap rear window being put into it it looks odd. It is plastic window sewn in. Works but looks very strange to me. I am saving money now to replace the top to get it looking really good. The top works fine. Does anyone know what I need to get a new glass window in the cover?

I have bought a vintage piece of glass for it and I have the metal frame. I know there is a wooden bow/frame that goes into the metal frame (don’t have). Is there a seal I do not know about? Does anyone have pictures of the process of installation and the parts. I have never seen one disassembled so any help would be great.

1964 Convertible Bug - 1600cc SP engine with a stock H30/31 Carb and SVDA Distributor - Swing Arm Highway Flyer Tranny, Gene Berg's Temperature Dipstick, 2.5" drop spindles, 2" narrowed adjustable front end. Chromed OEM fan tower.
hsosa1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The window rubber and trim. You pretty much covered it wooden bows and the metal frame. I think WW site may have a diagram .
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: