Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Few queries regarding 66 Kombi
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Few queries regarding 66 Kombi Reply with quote

Evening/afternoon guys

Just about to get the new bus delivered - a 66 11 window standard and have a few queries I wonder anyone could help me with?

1. I asked the seller to let me have the chassis number off the airbox. The number is 237048457 however this doesn't seem to tally with the numbers in the technical section for that year??

2. There is no M code plate as this has previously disappeared. Can I get the paint code from the chassis number?

3. A previous 13 window I had was painted full Lotus White. This bus I've just bought is one colour which looks like either Pearl or Lotus White (I can post a pic if that will help?) My question is, did Standard kombi's ever come one colour in either of those?

Be posting pics of the work once it arrives.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Few queries regarding 66 Kombi Reply with quote

richierich wrote:
Evening/afternoon guys

Just about to get the new bus delivered - a 66 11 window standard and have a few queries I wonder anyone could help me with?

1. I asked the seller to let me have the chassis number off the airbox. The number is 237048457 however this doesn't seem to tally with the numbers in the technical section for that year??

2. There is no M code plate as this has previously disappeared. Can I get the paint code from the chassis number?

3. A previous 13 window I had was painted full Lotus White. This bus I've just bought is one colour which looks like either Pearl or Lotus White (I can post a pic if that will help?) My question is, did Standard kombi's ever come one colour in either of those?

looks to be an octoberish 66 built 67 model, hence the "7" as the 3rd digit.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
GTV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures always help.

If you send for a birth certificate that should give you the m code information, you can then have a new plate made up.

Kombi's came with single tone paint, deluxe's came with two tone. However nearly anything could be special ordered, two tone kombi's or single tone deluxe's. You most likely have a pearl white bus.
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Few queries regarding 66 Kombi Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
richierich wrote:
Evening/afternoon guys

looks to be an octoberish 66 built 67 model, hence the "7" as the 3rd digit.

Looking at the rear, there is no recessed area under the tailgate which it would have if it was a 66 so i guess it is a 67. My query with the chassis number is that in the technical section all chassis numbers for the years 1966 & 1967 start 216, 217 or 218 so why does mine start 23******?
GTV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/modelstype2.php
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Few queries regarding 66 Kombi Reply with quote

richierich wrote:
Evening/afternoon guys

AUG '66

Quote:
Beginning in the 1965 model year (August 1964), the VIN/chassis number begins with the 2-digit model number, i.e. 21 for Panelvans, 23 for Kombis, etc.

iowegian wrote:
People who are allowed to have signature lines annoy me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, great fellas, thanks a lot!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: