Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Empi 8 spoke wheel
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dukeofearl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Empi 8 spoke wheel Reply with quote

Not familiar with empi wheels, need to order one for spare. Are they all the same?
bdub475
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think it would be close enough in looks for a spare. Have you taking one off to make sure it will fit in the spare tire well? My dad paid bought fuve for his 67 years ago and after painting them and buying five new tires the spare wouldn't fit and he couldn't close the hood. That might of been do to the tire size though.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. there are Empi... and Eagles and .... many others... all 8 spokes are 4 lug... so maybe best to post this in either the custom wheels or late model forum..to get an accurate answer.

PLUS Post a pic... of what you are tying to match
Not all 8 spokes are created equal.. and its too easy to call them all Empi's... . when they are NOT!!!
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dukeofearl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: empi wheel Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. Just bought this 67 and although I have a Baja this vert has disc brakes, lowered front, etc. so everything on this vehicle is new to me. Also learning how to use the forum.
sactojesse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There a number of 8-spoke versions out there that I'm aware of: 1) original EMPI, 2) American Eagle Series 071, and 3) new EMPI GT-8. I don't know anything about the original EMPIs, but those are likely quite rare at this point in time. Just looking up specs between the American Eagles and the EMPI GT-8s:

AE Series 071 are 15 x 5.5, offset is ET 20, and use ball seat lug nuts.

EMPI GT-8 are 15 x 5.5, offset is ET 30, and use 60 degree seat lug nuts.

I'd pull the lug nuts off of one of the 8-spokes on the car and determine whether it is a ball seat (American Eagle Series 071) or 60 degree seat (EMPI GT-8 ) and pick my spare wheel accordingly. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: