Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What are oval bumpers worth?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ckissick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: What are oval bumpers worth? Reply with quote

I might be selling a pair of bumpers for an oval, if I get grooved bumpers for my '50. But I can't find any comps to help me on the pricing. What are the things worth? No pics. Just be assured that they are about as nice as they can possibly be, like new, and original. Includes 4 bumper guards. The car was in a heated VW showroom for the last 50 years.
1989 syncro Tristar
1966 Porsche 912
1989 Beck Spyder
2007 GTI Fahrenheit
tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

compared to grooved bumpers not all that much , considering that Volkswagen used that type of bumper from the zwitter model thru 1967.... and then it depends on the condition of your specific set of bumpers. Considering that they are original parts, that might drive the value higher. But hard to say. Check the classifieds section on this site for guidance I would say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
roymartian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are grooved bumpers stamped at all, I have an old pair - how do you identify as original ?!?
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a VW stamp on the back of mine.

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
roymartian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you share photo please
Harris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: What are oval bumpers worth? Reply with quote

ckissick wrote:
I might be selling a pair of bumpers for an oval, if I get grooved bumpers for my '50. But I can't find any comps to help me on the pricing. What are the things worth? No pics. Just be assured that they are about as nice as they can possibly be, like new, and original. Includes 4 bumper guards. The car was in a heated VW showroom for the last 50 years.

Your not going to find a lot of examples to compare price. They have had at least 57 years to get destroyed. The good examples are gone or not for sale. If they are original the price will not be cheap. An original rear bumper for a an early 60's with excellent chrome and no dings will be in the neighborhood of $500. Front in same condition $400. Again, the key word is original.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: