Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wolfsburg West website?
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Wolfsburg West website? Reply with quote

EDIT - Say what I will about WW's terrible website. Using their catalog and their website - I'm buying 98% of my parts from them. Best parts. Best deals. And lowest shipping. I'm buying almost 2k of parts including full bumpers front and back. And shipping is $38! You can't beat WW.

Having said that, you better order their catalog or call them. Cause what you seek to find won't easily be found on their website:

I find their website really hard to navigate and find everything I need. Where as Jbug is laid out in a way that finding parts is quick and easy. Some things I can't even find on WW without first finding a link in the forums. Or using a google search. Like the BEETLE DASHBOARD REPAIR SECTION. I tried their navigation and search boxes to no avail. Even if you put that into their search box verbatim you get no hits. And that's what they call it on the product page. Some kind soul on here finally posted a link.

I'm really kind of frustrated with WW. Am I missing anything by avoiding WW for parts? What other sites should I be checking for parts? Someone referred me to Rock Auto for really good prices on mostly mechanical stuff. I'm mainly looking for complete interior kits and other interior parts. I really like how you can pick all your options on one page on Jbug for a complete interior. But I have not found that on any other site. It's very very helpful.

Not trying to bag on WW. I know they are by far popular. But I just can't find what I want. Terrible website IMHO.

Last edited by moab762 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WW is really good about answering their phone if you have any questions. Wink

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm mainly looking for complete interior kits

"kit" that would limit you to TMI and Sewfine. You can go direct to TMI with their website. I have had IMO, much better results using a GOOD upholstery shop at a slightly higher price. Of course they also do all the labor on the install and they are professionals at it.
Quote:
I find their website really hard to navigate and find everything I need.
You should let them know, really, no one here works there.

Quote:
Am I missing anything by avoiding WW for parts

Probably. They carry stuff I cant find other places. IMO I consider them more toward the top shelf in vw parts. They have treated me very well with stuff i need to return or replace. I can also drive there. I have a ghia so KGPR has been top shelp as has been Aircooled.net. Cip1 for great prices and selection... not quality 1st.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
Quote:
I'm mainly looking for complete interior kits

"kit" that would limit you to TMI and Sewfine. You can go direct to TMI with their website. I have had IMO, much better results using a GOOD upholstery shop at a slightly higher price. Of course they also do all the labor on the install and they are professionals at it.
Quote:
I find their website really hard to navigate and find everything I need.
You should let them know, really, no one here works there.

Quote:
Am I missing anything by avoiding WW for parts

Probably. They carry stuff I cant find other places. IMO I consider them more toward the top shelf in vw parts. They have treated me very well with stuff i need to return or replace. I can also drive there. I have a ghia so KGPR has been top shelp as has been Aircooled.net. Cip1 for great prices and selection... not quality 1st.

How much more to have someone install a complete interior? And where did you go? I'd be very happy going that route. If it wasn't to much more expensive. But I assume it's hard to beat $600 plus your own labor. I was going to have the headliner professionally installed though. I read about a guy on here that had an interior done for $1700 out in SB. And he was really happy with it. I always wonder about materials. Can't be that hard to beat the TMI materials I wouldn't think. But what do I know?
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I read about a guy on here that had an interior done for $1700 out in SB.

I didnt pay that much and didnt drive to SB. It "sounds" easy til you are trying to pull a seat cover on and cant, gluing carpet, stretching a headliner,,,,

[/quote]But what do I know[/quote]
thats why you use a pro.
If you are in socal, cant go wrong with
Julio Valdez Upholstery
Highland Park CA
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
Quote:
I read about a guy on here that had an interior done for $1700 out in SB.

I didnt pay that much and didnt drive to SB. It "sounds" easy til you are trying to pull a seat cover on and cant, gluing carpet, stretching a headliner,,,,

But what do I know
thats why you use a pro.
If you are in socal, cant go wrong with
Julio Valdez Upholstery
Highland Park CA

How much did he charge you?
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I payed about $1650 for complete interior. They installed carpet that i provided. They provided all the rest of the materials, vinyl, headliner, padding, materials for seat backs and parcel tray. He ordered german vinyl for seats and headliner. They installed headliner in car and removed my ragtop and replaced its headliner to match the seams in the car. They padded and covered the seats exactly as in the pictures i brought them (early ghia style). They made and covered the front seat backs. Covered the parcel tray. Padded and covered the back seat. Did front and rear door/qtr panels. I choose black with perforated black insert/pleat with a linen piping. Headliner and piping match headliner color. I checked out TMI and seriously considered Sewfine. Neither offers the choices I got from an independent shop. I dropped off a car like this...brought home this.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
I payed about $1650 for complete interior. ...

You were the dude I was trying to find. Smile You referred me to them before with these pics of your interior done. But I lost the contact info. Awesome! Thank you so much. I'll definitely be going to that guy.

Would they have done your dynamat if you had brought the mat to them? I wonder how much extra that would be? Except I just want to use Peal & Seal or Quick Roof.

Thanks again man. I was posting all over trying to find you. It was a thread I had visited before setting my settings to always follow topics. So glad you got back to me. Smile
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I would have done to the rear of my front seats is add a pocket for maps magazines or what ever, just extra storage.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
Something I would have done to the rear of my front seats is add a pocket for maps magazines or what ever, just extra storage.

I like that idea of pockets on the back of your seats. I have that in my Yukon. I use them all the time. I've been thinking alot about how I'd like to have my interior done. Definitely want the ashtrays in the back panels. Not to use. But because they look so beautiful. I like the TMi style (type 1) door panels. But I'd love to have something that looks like the original chrome. Or even try to find it and incorporate that into a custom interior. I like the looks of the original interior on a ('66) type 1. But I don't exactly care for that original plastic so flat to the panels.

Can someone answer me this? Is there advantage to the perforated headliner for moisture non-retention? I like the looks of smooth better. But concerned (especially with a sunroof) how they breath. Sorry this thread is going way off topic.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moab762 wrote:
Definitely want the ashtrays in the back panels. Not to use. But because they look so beautiful.

Funny, the rear panels in my 1971 Convertible have ash trays, and I wish mine DIDN'T have them.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
moab762 wrote:
Definitely want the ashtrays in the back panels. Not to use. But because they look so beautiful.

Funny, the rear panels in my 1971 Convertible have ash trays, and I wish mine DIDN'T have them.

I'll pm you my address. Wink
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My replacement rear side panels had the option to install ash trays or not.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
panicman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine, too. They were pre-marked, but not cut.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West website? Reply with quote

moab762 wrote:
I find their website really hard to navigate a. .

I agree.
The catalog is worth the price to buy.. and much simpler to view than the site.

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West website? Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
moab762 wrote:
I find their website really hard to navigate a. .

I agree.
The catalog is worth the price to buy.. and much simpler to view than the site.

I just ordered it. A couple other members sent me links they had somehow found of what I was exactly looking for. Would have been a real bitch if I had not found them. I'm going to use the catalog from now on.
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ONLY complaint I have with WW is their price sheet . . .
Each item is listed by a 9-digit number ( for example . . . 111209147A)
OEM VW part numbers are 3 groups of 3 numbers and MUCH easier to read when in a list (for example . . . 111 209 147A)
They are listed okay in the catalog, so I hope that they list the numbers correctly on the newest price list.
They are really good with shipping fast and I have never had any issues with the quality of their parts.

BTW . . . Darrel, your Ghia looks great! I did my Ghia interior and it was a BIG job!
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West website? Reply with quote

In case anyone from WW is watching this thread, your website is down and has been all weekend.

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/

I hope all is oK.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West website? Reply with quote

nlorntson wrote:
In case anyone from WW is watching this thread, your website is down and has been all weekend.

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/

I hope all is oK.

Let's hope it's a technical difficulty and not something else... I just ordered and received a package from them last week..

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West website? Reply with quote

It's up now
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: