Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

stock exhaust systems on a 1776 or bigger.
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobzKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my first bus I ran a stock bus exhaust on my 1776 it was okay, the only reason I used the stock one was for ground clearance thats it.

I really didn't notice a significant increase in performance when I switched to an A1 BUT then again I made the jump to a bigger engine within a few weeks of getting the A1. Im pretty certain there was a performance increase but I was to focused on getting the new engine to notice (care).

I would hold off on the stock exhaust and go for the Vintage Speed exhaust.
Im about to adjust my valves pretty soon and really dislike having to remove the muffler just to get to the valves.

Vintage speed exhaust is on my to buy list.
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running a stock muffler on my bus.. 1776 with a single port set up. It does fine.. It's no race car.. Cruises at 63-65 on the interstate no problem. 412 IRS set up in the rear. Doesn't run hot.
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
wrenchnride247
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johny__utah wrote:
Dual single 34's are a great choice wrenchnride247! You'll notice a immediate difference in response and they are easy to tune. As far as the A1 I think I may have one for sale depending on the outcome of this thread lol! It's sounding like I should probably avoid a stock bus exhaust.. If you haven't ordered one yet mine may be available for less haha!

Thanks man, but will have mine next week Smile Let us know what you decide on, and how it compares to current set-up.

'62 SC 69x90.5 SP TI
'70 T1 84x105 DP T4
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: