Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Spindles...two different sizes??
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Spindles...two different sizes?? Reply with quote

Apparently my 57 Cdn Std has a slightly bigger spindle, does that make sense?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The one on the left is the new replacement, the middle one is off the car, the one on the right is for a bus.

I want to replace the lock washers and thrust washers. I have obtained the new ones from TWO seperate vedors to compare. Each vendor gave me the exact same ones...that are too small.

Last edited by jeffff on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeffff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also given axle nuts, they appear to be the right diameter but the thread is much thinner on the "newer" nut and as a result don't work. An yes I'm aware of the reverse threads.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: