Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

74 coupe shock mounts, needed? Anaother shock question :(
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilovemountains
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: 74 coupe shock mounts, needed? Anaother shock question :( Reply with quote

Sorry I know shock questions come up all the time, I'm getting ready to order a set of 4 shocks for my 74, leaning toward SACHS on Rock Auto, do I need the original style upper shock mounts with them or just the shocks? Ive installed a lot of shocks and they all seem to come with the bushings, all the searching Ive done comes up with too many different answers and the folks at Rock don't know! I guess I could order the 4 shocks and 2 front mount kits and return them if I don't need them but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I was going to go with bilstein but Ive read nothing but bad things about putting them on a Ghia... Then I thought about going cheap and buying the Monro-Matic Plus from Rock since the car wont be driven hard but I think going oil / stock is the way to go... Any input would be great so I can get a set ordered! Thanks, Matt
akear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the Boge from CIP1 and they came as the Sachs Super Touring, made in Mexico. Boge and Sachs are the same company. You'll need the mount kit unless you re-use your old. BTW, I'm really happy with the Sachs shocks. Did front and rear and the car handles great, is smooth, and does not feel or sound as if its coming apart over bumps anymore.
cool karmann collected
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New front shocks don't normally come with the top bushing kit, I'd go for a new set unless you have some compelling reason to want to wrestle to originals off of the old shocks?

Ant
ilovemountains
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Shock mounts Reply with quote

I was just unsure about the 2 types of front shocks, OEM style that use the mount kit and the " American " type that use the standard type rubber bushings to mount them! I just ordered a set of Sachs with new mounts, hopefully they will hold up as longa as the originals did!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: