Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kubel Treffen West 2015
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Kubel Treffen West 2015 Reply with quote

The Domeck Brothers are pleased to be a co-sponsor of a new all Thing show on the west coast. Eric Goodman will be hosting the show around April 2015. He can be reached at [email protected] Plans are in the making now. When we have more info it will be posted on our website kubeltreffen181.com Now if this is not in your area look for a Kubel Treffen show this next year in Dayton Ohio. Too early for any more info.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Metal Twister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The west coast is 1300 miles long... Im in the lowest 20 miles! LOL Any hint as to where this is going to take place?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be in Southern California. We are working on a date and location now. If you have any ideas, please let me know. More info to come... Thanks.
www.Facebook.com/vwthingregistry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shoyrtt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Goodman wrote:
It will be in Southern California. We are working on a date and location now. If you have any ideas, please let me know. More info to come... Thanks.

Eric, April is the perfect time of year for a show in Southern California! Again let me know when you need help with this. Cool

Jim Knox
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,

Thanks. Did you get my email over the weekend?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shoyrtt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Goodman wrote:
Hi Jim,

Thanks. Did you get my email over the weekend?

I did. Its great to have the Domeck brothers on board to guide us. In looking at the old Registry articles, it appears the last West coast event may have been in the 90s. Question https://sites.google.com/site/jeffgilleland/vw_archive

It will be nice to get it going again. Cool
Metal Twister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is this event? I'm new to the Thing thing guessing its a Thing get together that will be happening some where in SoCal some time in April. Typically are all Things welcome or are we stuck on Originals only? If there are any links to past events where would I look under to find them? I mean Ive only got 4 months to think about this if its going to be a road trip... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IHC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to go to the ones in Seattle in the early 2000's.David Campbell did those.Had all kinds show up from original stock to way over restored and also a lot of basket cases. Most owners were really nice but there were also some strange people too. Was fun to go to ,really miss them up here.
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be looking forward to this, hope the date does not interfere with our trip to Germany for our 50th anniversary. Will just have to plan the Trip around the show. lol
GB
Shoyrtt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Twister wrote:
Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is this event? I'm new to the Thing thing guessing its a Thing get together that will be happening some where in SoCal some time in April. Typically are all Things welcome or are we stuck on Originals only? If there are any links to past events where would I look under to find them? I mean Ive only got 4 months to think about this if its going to be a road trip... Very Happy

I would guess it would be run just like the East coast version, with all Things welcome. Cool Here is a link to the most recent event with lots of pictures:

http://kubeltreffen181.com/kubel-treffen-2014-2/
citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Twister wrote:
You need to go to Ron and my website www://kubeltreffen.com to see what past events look like and some of the things that are done at these events. It is a great time to meet other thing owners there is no set thing for these events it is all up the one that is putting on the event
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Things are welcome in any condition. We have had cars towed in with bare metal, floor pans rolling in etc. We will see how Eric wants to set this up. When we say a show we do not mean only show cars and most times there is some driving tours starting with Friday night, Sat evening dinner, and a drive on Sun. Eric has had this in mine since April when he first contacted me.
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, all Things are welcome. It will be just like the Kubel Teffen East event just in the West for all of us Thing owners on the West. We are open to dates and locations. We were thinking April and in So Cal. We are working on everything now. A flyer will be ready soon. More info to come... Thanks.
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little history. Kubel Treffen East was started by Mike and Mary Crisp in Asheville N.C. At times there were over 100 cars showed up. This went on for 15 years and slowly dropped off to 20-25 cars so they decided to give it up. That's when I took it over and moved the show to Kentucky. With the help of Tee and Evelyn Watkins we were having about 50-60 cars. After 3 years we tried moving it around so we had a show in GA. Still running about 60 cars. After that year Tee's work load changed so he could not be a part of this anymore. That put it all back to me. Since I had put on weekend drives I had a couple in KY. Since then I have asked for host around the U.S. This year we were in Branson MO. and the year before was in Dover DE. This next year is looking like Dayton OH. I feel the more events we have the more people can join in. And the more are cars are worth if they can be used more. People come to a show and fall in love and see how much fun we have.
Metal Twister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id probably shoot for late April some time as it always seems to rain right around Easter around here? I guess there is somewhere where one could look over the history of the rain patterns are over a given area over the last 10 years or so? Just a thought.
GI Joe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.... I wonder what SoCal clients need visited in April.? Wink
Watching for firm dates!
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8080337#8080337
www.NLEOMF.com
Respect, Honor, Remember
sam_w
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I go to the Classic every year, I recommend the location where VTO holds their Blackstar campout.

Here is a link----------
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=582939&highlight=vto

VTO’S BLACKSTAR CAMPOUT AT
PRADO REGIONAL PARK
Address: 16700 S. Euclid Ave., Chino, CA 91708

It is a great location, but not with a hotel as I remember KTE when I drove cross-country a few years ago.
Solomon Grundy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that motion. It is a great place and very family friendly too.
Although lighting a fire is a little tricky late at night with those winds and a few glasses of CA. wine in my gut. Cool

sam_w wrote:
As I go to the Classic every year, I recommend the location where VTO holds their Blackstar campout.

Here is a link----------
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=582939&highlight=vto

VTO’S BLACKSTAR CAMPOUT AT
PRADO REGIONAL PARK
Address: 16700 S. Euclid Ave., Chino, CA 91708

It is a great location, but not with a hotel as I remember KTE when I drove cross-country a few years ago.

| _______
| |_______| '73 Thing "481"
| _\_\_|_/_/_
| |O||_4_||O|
| [ ]=====[ ]
http://vwthingregistry.com
https://doublecabshaka.wordpress.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A camp area is great but not for a show. I bet 90 % of the people that has came to a show don't camp. Keep in mind this is a show with a little driving on roads. It's great to have a get together and I have put on many weekend drives but this is a show.
sam_w
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year, 2014, they also had a show as the dates for the Classic were changed. Everyone loved the show there. CHeck out comments in the forums. I will post some links later.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: