Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A Country Style Idiot
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little chill in the air today sounds like a good day for deer chili and a beer Very Happy
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
We are AGGRESSIVELY hunting our acreage with the blessing of the Township.

We have hunters all Winter long pulling out deer, making the highways safer at night, making the environmental impact from over grazing less and overall a better life for us and our neighbors.

Sadly not all neighbors see it as we do! You're killing Bambie! They're so pretty!
Bah! Humbug! There are way too many deer! Wait until we start after Bear! Laughing ............. Then the fur will fly.......

Dave

My family that's still in Jersey say the deer (and other animal) population is a real problem...

Funny story when we were visiting my Grandparents.. in Brick township in the middle of the retirement center that has no stop signs and streets that have the same name and intertwine. (somebody was really thinking about that one Rolling Eyes )
.. .. We would often see deer and wildlife just walking around like they owned the place. .. more so than in our own rural area in NC. We have a very relaxed authority for loose dogs... no real enforcement so keeps most away.. or ... dead..

Any way one day we were eating lunch when my son who was about 5 at the time comes in, grabs some loaf bread and heads back out..... really not saying anything to us... Anxious curious ... I quietly followed him out to a large grassy area that combines several back yards... I noticed he obviously spotted a large group of the Canadian Geese and decided to give them a snack.... Laughing d'oh!

About that time my 91 year old Grandfather rounds the corner checking his well deer proofed Tomato plants .... and I hear him yell.. Jesus Christ DONT FEED THEM... I was laughing so hard it luckily startled the Geese and they honked at us as they moved on...
Its still a family story to this day...

Wildlife will sustain until the food supply is gone.. dont ever feed them... Laughing

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: