Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Company to collect a Bus in the USA to send to port
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarbBee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hullo,

Sorry to drag this up. I will be needing a company to collect a bus in the usa and transport it to a port for shipping. Then I need shipping to the uk. I'm not a dealer, this is a bus I will be buying for myself.

Who is currently recommended for both of those jobs, either individually or a combined service? And what sort of money is classed as fair?

Thanks in advance Smile
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Your best bet Reply with quote

BarbBee wrote:
Hullo,

Sorry to drag this up. I will be needing a company to collect a bus in the usa and transport it to a port for shipping. Then I need shipping to the uk. I'm not a dealer, this is a bus I will be buying for myself.

Who is currently recommended for both of those jobs, either individually or a combined service? And what sort of money is classed as fair?

Thanks in advance Smile

Your best bet is to hire someone at your end to handle all the details
including the import into your country ...

Accountability ...

Deal with someone locally where you are - that way should things go
wrong - you have direct recourse ...

Price is relative - what you may consider is expensive others may consider cheap - or vice versa ...
BarbBee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying Smile
I'm off to go look if anyone has replied to emails on buses I like now Cool
roevets
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarbBee wrote:
Hullo,

Thanks in advance Smile

Hi Barbee
We can arrange transfer from anywhere in the US to either of our facilities in New Jersey or headquarters near San Francisco for export. Need zip code to give you cost for transfer and can advise where to ship from. 1 car in shared container from California is $1300, and from New Jersey $1100.
Some advice... If you want to save some money, make arrangements with a US shipper like us. Up side is direct contact with the guys doing the work over here. Down side is you will have to pay an international payment to us, then a domestic payment for UK services like unloading, clearing customs, etc. I have had some customers say they had small bits nicked using a roro service, so would not suggest that. We ship about 100 containers of cars, trucks, etc overseas per month, so let me know what questions you have. Thanks Steve West Coast Shipping Richmond, CA
BarbBee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Steve. I'll get hold of you through wcs then for a quote Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: