Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kadron Modification
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucatero
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Kadron Modification Reply with quote

I recently acquired a set a Kadrons at a very good price. I started to take them apart, and noticed a funky modification. Does anyone know why someone would want to insert these copper tubes?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

70 Karmann Ghia
RailBoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Float Bowl Venting... They could have been on an off road car and used, this is a Mod that like Kaddie Shack does but better. For street use it is not needed.. So they say...

I will say this, looks cheesy, get some brake line the same matching diameter and make some new ones, they are pressed in... But yea, they let the float bowl ventalate..... RB
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lucatero
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. This makes sense, as they were on a Manx. I agree, it is done very cheesy. I'm planning on sending them to get jetted and rebuilt for my application.
70 Karmann Ghia
youngnstudly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The method of fastening those tubes is certainly cheesy, but they are a good idea, IMO. I like the fact it makes filling the float bowl easy with carbs that are dry. After buying the "vent kit" from Lowbugget 10 years ago and trying to install it on my Kadrons, I opted to make my own kit using steel tubing so I could tack weld the tubes to the A/C support stud. The one from LB wasn't all that great after I got it in my hands.

I started seeing others perform this mod in the same fashion, so apparently I wasn't the only one that thought that tube needed to be secured better than the loctite method that Lowbugget suggested. FYI, I believe Kaddie Shack welds their "Vent kit" tubes in place as well. AJ from LB was never fond of leaving the support stud in place (hinders airflow), hence the reason he never offered his kit in a welded version.

Andy
bugguy076
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an older set of Kads. Maybe 20 years old. They have tubes that protrude at an angle half way across the carb opening. Look to be factory installed. I left them installed so the fuel won't slosh out of bowl in hard cornering.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: