Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

amazon Weber carb? copy or genuine?
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
miki_m182
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: amazon Weber carb? copy or genuine? Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.com/BEETLE-GENUINE-WEBER-SINGLE-...s=weber+44

Hi, i want to know if this carb its a chinese copy?
thanks
wbrown45
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those "Cheap Chinese" carbs are HPMX's. When they first came out about 10 years ago they were supposed to be kind of shoddily made. This past June I purchased a brand new pair of dual 40mm HPMX's from Car Craft for my 1915 in my Thing. These are by far the best carburetors I have ever installed, and used. The quality is actually better than the latest Spanish Webers that have been sold since the late 80's.
While the early HPMX's were not well made, the new ones are absolutely beautiful in their fit, and finish. I started working in the VW world back in 1987 in Phoenix. I have sold, and installed hundreds of sets of Dellortos, and Webers. These new Weber copies are really fantastic. Read up on the later HPMX's and you will find this is the general consensus.
Here is the HPMX kit for a price comparison.
http://carcraftstore.com/single40hpmxidfstylecarbkit.aspx
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: