Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Just wondering what kind of rims these are and their value.
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryebird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject: Just wondering what kind of rims these are and their value. Reply with quote

Hey. I am in the process of switching out the wheels/tires on my Baja and I can't find the equivalent of these rims anywhere. Adding to the difficulty is that there is no brand name, just an obscure number code(11 22 93 1902 AWI DOT USA T 15x6 JJ) which gets me nowhere when I search it. Heres everything I know about them: 16 inch rims. 4 - bolt pattern(4.5"ID or 5.5"OD, I am not sure how they are measured) One pair is 7" width, the other pair is 9" width. They are white steel with 5 - "spokes" and in perfect condition. They just seem really high quality and have a cool look to them. I'd like to figure out what a fair price for them would be, so I can sell them and put the money into standard street wheels, since I don't live way out in the boonies anymore. I sold the front tires and have someone who wants the big old back ones, but that might not pan out. The tires have been removed so its just the rims I am selling. I will try to include photos to help with this mystery. Thanks, anyone, for giving me any clues . . .
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryebird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't , for the life of me, get my photos to upload, sorry. It keeps saying that my file is corrupted or too large. They are just pictures I have never had trouble uploading anywhere before.(Facebook, Gmail)
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something doesn't make sence the numbers you said are stamped on the wheels indicate they are AWI DOT (American Wheel Industry, Department of Transport) approved and should measure 15 inches by 6 inches not the 16x7 and 16x9 and you indicate. There were a couple of companies that offered steel "mags" in the late 80s and early 90s

brad
ryebird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could get those pictures up. Damn, you really know your stuff! These must be those steel mags. Pretty sweet rims. Too bad they won't work for what I wanna do. Any idea what they might be (ballpark) worth?
911pickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could host your photos with an internet site such as Photobucket.
I host mine on photobucket and when I want to show them on most forums I just copy and paste the photo's IMG code.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$200 for all 4 of them? 7" & 9" wide are usually used on Manx type dune buggies etc. Enlarge your pictures & copy/paste the Forum code on the right with the img on each end to post your VW related pictures. Idea Wink

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Widefiveguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: What brand wheels are these? Reply with quote

front

rear

1965 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zigged46
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: need help to id these wheels Reply with quote

Need help to id these wheels. Need to know what the value might be and what brand they might be. Thanks for any help.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: