Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Is your golf seat comfortable?
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Comfort
Very good mechanically.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not comfortable seating.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Comfortable seating on long rides.
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Poor mechanics.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:31 am    Post subject: Is your golf seat comfortable? Reply with quote

Hi this is my first post on this forum as I have a split bus and contribute often. I am thinking of buying either a used or new golf but I need to know if the drivers seat is comfortable for long drives. I currently lease a 2013 Honda fit and it is aweful on long drives for me although a great little car that I wanted to purchase. Crying or Very sad

Do they have lumbar support and also are you happy with their mechanic parts?
Thanks in advance
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Karmannut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 06, 09, 12 Golfs they had very comfortable seats more comfortable than my current 14 Beetle never had any mechanical problems with any of them they are great cars with huge very versatile hatch space
Air and Water do mix!
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a '15 Golf - previously had an 07 Suby WRX. I like a seat that hugs you and keeps you from sliding around. Feels really good.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmannut, thanks for the reply, several years ago I drove my brother-in-law's 05 or 06 not sure which for about 50 miles and didn't notice any discomfort. I understand Hertz is selling their VW rentals and I would love to rent then buy but I have to locate their rental agency which rents VW Golf. I'm on a mission.

http://www.hertzcarsales.com/Search?pageSize=40&am...CKETPAGE=1

Karmannut wrote:
I had 06, 09, 12 Golfs they had very comfortable seats more comfortable than my current 14 Beetle never had any mechanical problems with any of them they are great cars with huge very versatile hatch space

andk5591, how is your headrest (head restraint) on your neck does it have adjustable tilt also or is it flat enough not to require that adjustment and does your new Golf have a lumbar leaver or lumbar permeant pad? I will be sure to test drive several times before I make up my mind but I would love to locate a rental as 100 miles is all my back/neck needs to be sure but if I can find a Golf at any agency I'll rent it for a week. Thanks for your input. I wish I read this article before I leased my Honda Fit although they are great little cars awesome hatchback too if you don't have any back trouble.

http://www.hondaproblems.com/trends/uncomfortable-seats/

andk5591 wrote:
Just bought a '15 Golf - previously had an 07 Suby WRX. I like a seat that hugs you and keeps you from sliding around. Feels really good.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2012 Golf GTI. Not sure if the seats are the same on the non-GTI.
I drive about an hour to work. The GTI bucket is fairly deep and heavily bolstered. I'm 6'2 and about 215. The seat is snug. It took a couple of months for the seat to conform to my body. It's now fairly comfortable. The only complaint I have wish the lumbar support was had a bit more range. I would not be able to drive for more than 2-3 hours at a time. My back won't allow that.
My headrest does not adjust forward/back. The lumbar adjust is a lever.

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah - lumbar lever on mine and I dont think the headrests adjust - Really didnt take me long to get the seats exactly how I wanted it and the pull out and tilt steering column is a real nice touch.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: