Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Top of door glass seal on 61 Ghia
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woreign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's close up photo of the seal:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

You can see the upper lip better. And the lower portion is separate, almost forming a squished 'J'. Maybe this isn't the correct seal for the car, but it works well!
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott@KGPR wrote:
Wrong. 56-59 and 60-66 are the same seal on the roof, only the 1/4 post seal changes. We sell all these seals to CIP. On the original aluminum molding base, I typically use a small wood block and small hammer to open it up a bit if it the rubber is fighting me too much. I get one side in and then tuck the other in, inch by inch. Our reproductions are ever so slightly more open, so once you get it in, you could bend them down (about 0.5mm) to grab tight. Good luck!

...when do you think, you'll be making a video to exhibit the correct method of the installation...LOL, you say, "Good Luck". I thank you for your good wishes, but it's not luck, we need Wink ...thanks!
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andre@KGPR/Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZENVWDRIVER wrote:
Scott@KGPR wrote:
Wrong. 56-59 and 60-66 are the same seal on the roof, only the 1/4 post seal changes. We sell all these seals to CIP. On the original aluminum molding base, I typically use a small wood block and small hammer to open it up a bit if it the rubber is fighting me too much. I get one side in and then tuck the other in, inch by inch. Our reproductions are ever so slightly more open, so once you get it in, you could bend them down (about 0.5mm) to grab tight. Good luck!

...when do you think, you'll be making a video to exhibit the correct method of the installation...LOL, you say, "Good Luck". I thank you for your good wishes, but it's not luck, we need Wink ...thanks!

It's definitely on my short list of things to get to, but there's a few things ahead of it. It's really as described in the thread-- slip one side in under the lip, then use a tool to inch along the other side, and tuck it under the lip. An extra pair of hands will be a huge help. If the edges of your trim are pinched way over, you can open it up some with a wooden block and a small hammer. It should fit like the photo I posted-- tight. That's original trim in the photo.

I'll post this info in the other thread-- I don't want to keep posting the same info in two threads, but I don't one to look unanswered either... maybe merge the two?

Thanks,
--A.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JohnnYHolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway. That's the info I got from CIP1 support. I ordered another set from KGPR and those went in just fine. They were 7/8 of inch at the base and still had to wrestle them quite a bit. All is well in da cosmos now. Very Happy
Moving forward again. Very Happy
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...still waitin' for the video.
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: