Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Weber 40/44 IDF Kits - Linkage the Same for Type I & IV?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWTortuga336
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Weber 40/44 IDF Kits - Linkage the Same for Type I & IV? Reply with quote

I'm looking at buying a set of Weber 40 or 44 IDFs for my Type IV engine and found a set cheap on CraigsList. However, they were used on a Type I engine. I know I'll need to buy new intakes, but will the linkage be compatible on my Type IV?
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In concept "probably" a yes, BUT the length of HEX bar may not be correct depending on what manifolds you choose and how air cleanse bases are if they will work with particular hex bar... IF you find HEX bar is to long it can usually be shortened, if its too short It can be replaced with longer one... Probably only something you will know when you try fitting up linkage....

Other option is to buy NEW and get setup the is exact fit for your type 4..

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no.

the crossbar is shorter on the type 4. Also understand that type 4s use non-offset intakes, while most type 1 kits have offset intakes. So the linkage mounts are in a different location also, to account for the intake offset (or lack of it).

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: