Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CSP or Vintagespeed ?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Split 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: CSP or Vintagespeed ? Reply with quote

I am looking at getting a centre pull throttle linkage and wondering if anyone has used both of the above and any pros or cons, im not sure which one to go for.
Thanks
webebuggin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSP, I went from the standard "porsche" crossbar linkage, to the CSP....NEVER looked back, well made, EASY install, WAY more precise..got it on here used for less than new, Even bought one for my boys 65' decent linkage ..... make sure if u have a stroker motor to get the right one....diff. length rods...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSP linkage have a weak return spring from what I read on the forums. Vintagespeed linkage is better in design than CSP. I would go with Gene Berg linkage. Very Happy

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had both the VS and CSP. The ORIGINAL JKM linkage that Vintage Speed is copying is top quality. I wasn't impressed at all with the VS. The bracket that attaches the the alternator stand does not fit without modifaction. The webs on the stand interfere. VS doesn't include instructions and CSP does. CSP will always get my vote. Simple, and designed well.

The CSP return spring is weak, but with the normal springs that go on the bodies, everything works well. Also, if you need extra parts, you're likely to find CSP parts.
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

webebuggin wrote:
CSP, I went from the standard "porsche" crossbar linkage, to the CSP....NEVER looked back, well made, EASY install, WAY more precise..got it on here used for less than new, Even bought one for my boys 65' decent linkage ..... make sure if u have a stroker motor to get the right one....diff. length rods...

I bet that was a Redline or some other crap hex bar system. A good hex bar system, like the CSP or CB or Berg is better than a push pull ANY DAY. I use push pull systems too, but only when I cannot use a hex bar system for say space limitations.
A push pull system cannot stay in sync cold and warm. Impossible. But many people never realize that that is one of the reasons that their engine runs like crap either cold or warm. Even VW knew it. Thatīs why they made the linkage with 2 rods on the type 3 engines, and went to hex bar systewms on the type 4 engines.

If it has to be push pull, both JKM and CSP are decent systems.

T
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the SCAT linkage on a few engines and also converted one IDF and one IDA engines to CSP linkage and will never again use the CB or Redline hex bar crap
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: