Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

In desperate need of some guidance..
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr110
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: In desperate need of some guidance.. Reply with quote

Hi All,

This is my first Porsche forum post, im normally a Mercedes person. Story goes as i have been working on restoring my 1967 Mercedes 200 W110 i have been longing for something smaller and more agile. that search quickly lead me to Porsche...i mean its always the dream car. Any ways i was perusing craigslist today and i ran across a 1976 912E for sale. I know its a 4cyl, i know its less heavier than an earlier 912 and with a little less power. But what im looking for are opinions on things like price, possible issues, major expenses because it was a one year only car. Just general opinions on this car or maybe even a suggestion to another one for a good price.

Any help would be super appreciated.

this is the posting:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4873428631.html
HarryFD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 912E is a one year only car and while it does have a following, it is somewhat unloved. Many of the drive train parts are unique to the car and are hard to find replacements.

It is basically a 1976 911 with a type 4 engine. With the exception of the engine, the cost to maintain is the same as a 911 without the power of the flat 6.

This car shows signs of mods (seats and paint). There is no shot of the engine room which always concerns me. If you are in the Portland metro area you are subject to DEQ testing.

This car would not be for me. Do your research and decide for yourself.
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are nice cars if unmolested as this one is not. Duel carbs instead of the Ljet FI, flat black paint and new heads?? What type of heads as they used the 914 2.0L 3 bolt heads originally, so AMC bus heads?
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
waxhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this link: http://www.porsche912e.com/docs/buyers_guide.html
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: