Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Identification
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennis 356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Identification Reply with quote

Hi, can anyone help me with identifying and appraisal of these armrests as being either for Porsche 356 or some make of a VW?

Thanks,
Dennis

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
gerrymc547
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Arm rest Reply with quote

A quick check does not show the part number. The 644 prefix indicates a 356, only the 356C had arm rests, ergo, they are for any 356C with a black interior.
Autos International offers covers only for $30/ pair. My guess would be $80 or so would be retail. The VW packaging indicates they are "factory" reproduction from the '80's. I'm sure autos I would supply the complete part on request.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Identification Reply with quote

Hi, Gerry, great to see you here. I hope you can continue to help us all here on The Samba's 356 thread. We need more people with your expertise. Very Happy
Jon
dennis 356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help Gerry. The arm rests are long sold now for about the same price you guessed.
Just want to add the swedish VW packaging also might depend on the then VW agent Scania-Vabis (Scania trucks) also was agent for Porsche in Sweden (and possibly even a couple other countries in Scandinavia).

Dennis
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: