Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I hate thieves
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrmarcdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: I hate thieves Reply with quote

So I go out to my bug this morning only to find my passenger door wide the f*ck open. Some asshole decided he needed to steal my tool bag, shop towels, and box of Raven gloves. Sure the tools were your basic ratchets, sockets, extensions, screwdrivers, vice grips, ect. but the hassle of replacing them wasn't exactly what I was looking for right now. They need to cut the hands off of thieves. Happy Friday everybody! *rant over* Confused Evil or Very Mad Sad
subhuman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: I hate thieves Reply with quote

mrmarcdude wrote:
So I go out to my bug this morning only to find my passenger door wide the f*ck open. Some asshole decided he needed to steal my tool bag, shop towels, and box of Raven gloves. Sure the tools were your basic ratchets, sockets, extensions, screwdrivers, vice grips, ect. but the hassle of replacing them wasn't exactly what I was looking for right now. They need to cut the hands off of thieves. Happy Friday everybody! *rant over* Confused Evil or Very Mad Sad

nothing i hate more than a thief or liar! Evil or Very Mad my car was broken into in a gated apartment complex, idiots broke drivers side one piece window (1970 type 1), the f^%$ing doors were unlocked! thats the mentality of most pety thieves Rolling Eyes

you can have everything you want, just don't want so much!

"the wrong way always seems the more reasonable."
george moore

1963 type1
2002 Subaru Wrx

never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Mark Twain
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieves suck.
I kept a Benz coupe on the street in Brooklyn NY for a few years and left the doors unlocked and the radio wires hanging out of the dash...never had a problem. They figured someone else had already jacked the radio.
My bosses *hit box Toyota that he insisted had to be kept locked went thru a set of windows over a summer because crackheads were after the loose change he kept leaving on the console.
mrmarcdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know of a good vent window lock? This is for a 65.
Dr OnHolliday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someday i'll invent / assemble a remote monitoring & viewing system with a remote control execution system...
1965 Type 1 sunroof Baja / about 70k miles on self-rebuilt '74 1600 and counting / SP heads and aftermarket valve keepers / non-doghouse shroud with external cooler and filter / 1.5 qt extended sump / Weber 32/36 DFAV progressive carb / 009 dist with Pertronix / 1.25 ratio rockers and ball adjusters / 1.5" stainless steel J-pipes and carbon steel baja exhaust
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately in the local news, rat bastards have been breaking into cars at local trailheads! Seems rather smart, actually. Folks park their Subarus and Priuses, unpack their unleashed dog and put on their "I hate bicyclists" shirt, and hit the trail. They leave their valuables in plain view. Before Rover scares away the deer and leaves its first dump on the path, thieves already have all the good crap left in their cars!

Upon returning with a souvenir sapling of a protected species of plant, the walker finds the only things left are their long-expired temporary handicap parking tag, breast pump and 16 empty "Whole Foods" bags.

I don't understand why nobody has caught them yet. It's easy to spot the thieves- they're the fat ones.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
drscope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
Lately in the local news, rat bastards have been breaking into cars at local trailheads! Seems rather smart, actually. Folks park their Subarus and Priuses, unpack their unleashed dog and put on their "I hate bicyclists" shirt, and hit the trail. They leave their valuables in plain view. Before Rover scares away the deer and leaves its first dump on the path, thieves already have all the good crap left in their cars!

Upon returning with a souvenir sapling of a protected species of plant, the walker finds the only things left are their long-expired temporary handicap parking tag, breast pump and 16 empty "Whole Foods" bags.

I don't understand why nobody has caught them yet. It's easy to spot the thieves- they're the fat ones.

WELL SAID!

We had a similar problem here several years ago when the county opened up a new leg of the Light Rail system to take people down town. Hundreds of people parked their car and jumped on the train to go to the baseball game. When they returned they discovered several hundred cars had been broken into and vandalized.

The really sad thing is that it took the county almost half the baseball season to open their eyes and put some sort of security at the lot. So the problem repeated itself every time there was a home game.

The joke and general feeling among the victims is that this is how the police department made money on their police auctions. Selling off the stolen goods they recovered from the criminals and didn't return to the victims.
Fiatdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you like your stuff -- -- Spend a little freaking money!!!!!

I've got on each of my cars and enclosed trailer a Sat device that automatically texts me when the car/enclosed trailer has a door opened or is moved..... and will continue to update me where it's location is at if it has been moved/driven off

$250 for the unit and a small yearly fee for monitoring -- -- Do a internet search for the different units out there, and find one that suits you

It's the greatest feeling to receive a text and being able to walk up on some scuzbag about a minute later while they are going through you car (that has happened twice for me) or driving up to a house with a few friends where someone is fixing to start stripping your car (happened once).... Priceless
e&m_ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr OnHolliday wrote:
Someday i'll invent / assemble a remote monitoring & viewing system with a remote control execution system...

That's been done, but the consequences for the "extreme version" may not be good for your car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmpBYcM06Sk

I don't think anything but the James Bond version would have an effect on the smash/grab types - they can cruise through pretty quick. I recall having jury duty in downtown LA, and walking from courthouse to restaurants for lunch. The whole length of an overpass was covered with many generations of cars' broken glass, obviously from smash/grab theives.

And yet people were continuing to park there, in nice cars with stuff on the seats. Makes you wonder...
drscope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiatdude wrote:

It's the greatest feeling to receive a text and being able to walk up on some scuzbag about a minute later while they are going through you car (that has happened twice for me) or driving up to a house with a few friends where someone is fixing to start stripping your car (happened once).... Priceless

Sounds like a great way to get yourself DEAD.
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drscope wrote:
Fiatdude wrote:

Or the thief is dead......
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: I hate thieves Reply with quote

subhuman wrote:

Evil or Very Mad my car was broken into in a gated apartment complex, idiots broke drivers side one piece window (1970 type 1), the f^%$ing doors were unlocked! thats the mentality of most pety thieves Rolling Eyes

Same here except it was the passenger side, AND they used a pry-bar to open the unlocked glovebox. But they didn't take the radio, which was in the normal spot, but w/o the faceplate. Rolling Eyes

Another place I lived, I kept a parts car behind the apartment building. About 2-3 times a month, someone would go through the glove box, pull crap from under the seats and generally ransack the car, looking for valuables, I guess. This happened about 5-6 times in about 3-4 months, like maybe I'd eventually put something of value in there. d'oh!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate thieves Reply with quote

Air-Cooled Head wrote:
subhuman wrote:

Evil or Very Mad my car was broken into in a gated apartment complex, idiots broke drivers side one piece window (1970 type 1), the f^%$ing doors were unlocked! thats the mentality of most pety thieves Rolling Eyes

Same here except it was the passenger side, AND they used a pry-bar to open the unlocked glovebox. But they didn't take the radio, which was in the normal spot, but w/o the faceplate. Rolling Eyes

Another place I lived, I kept a parts car behind the apartment building. About 2-3 times a month, someone would go through the glove box, pull crap from under the seats and generally ransack the car, looking for valuables, I guess. This happened about 5-6 times in about 3-4 months, like maybe I'd eventually put something of value in there. d'oh!

Slide some set mouse traps under the seats when you're not in the car. Wink
Fiatdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drscope wrote:
Fiatdude wrote:

When I roll in at 6'4" and 250, there seems to be a lot of intimidation factored in -- but I'm really a pussy cat at heart, and my friends were off duty sheriffs LOL -- (They live for that shit)
l8sho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

25 years ago this was one of those small towns where people left their doors unlocked and never gave a thought to theft. I drove my truck to work and kept my 74 T1 under the carport by the back door. A couple of times I came home and had the sense that someone had been messing with the bug. Then one day I found the hood up, both doors wide open, and the radio missing. The dash padding was torn off and broken on both ends. Looked like the stupid thief damaged everything in sight before he finally realized the radio just pushes out from the back.

Called the police and in a few minutes one of our half dozen or so officers showed up. Showed him the damage and he made some notes, took a couple of pictures and said he'd be in touch. I figured that was the end of it. Thirty minutes later he was back with my radio in hand. When I identified it, he said he'd need it for evidence. Told me the thieves were a couple 13 year old boys. Asked me to come in and fill out an official report.

Did that and the next day I got a call from the local JP - "Could I come in tomorrow at 9AM?" Certainly. Next day, the two would-be thieves, their parents, the officer, and I were sitting at a table across from the JP. In the next twenty minutes, the kids and their parents were given a nasty lecture - the kids were given six months probation - I was awarded $250 for damages to be paid by the kids, not the parents, and I got my radio back.

I love small towns!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: