Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

windshield wiper removed... screw cap to hide bolt
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: windshield wiper removed... screw cap to hide bolt Reply with quote

ol' Goldie is mostly a garage queen. Right now she's hibernating 'til late March. So I saw these cool cap like things on a classic car from CA. The wipers were removed, and on the bolts it had these sweet chrome "caps". The ones i saw were more "sharper" then these. But this is similar to what they were like. I'd love to have a couple. Anyone know a source?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

bad1916
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some of those. I believe I got them through mooneyes. Any of the hot rod or custom places should have them. They may not work well our cars because the wiper shaft is quite a bit smaller than a lot of American cars so the caps don't really fit. You may be able to use a long set screw or maybe they make smaller ones.
Google wiper bullets and you will find a bunch of places selling them.
jlew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiper bullets!! the key search phrase when looking for these!!! I tried wiper caps, wiper covers, wiper nuts, etc etc. w no luck!
thanks bad!
rays-64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

higher end hardware stores will sell chrome acorn nuts. They don't come to a point but worth looking at.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: