Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pressure bleeder
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sturgeongeneral
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Pressure bleeder Reply with quote

Does anybody here use a pressure bleeder to flush and bleed your VW style brakes? I have an EZ Bleed I use on the Lotus and was wondering if anyone here use one on their buggy? I have a new dual master cylinder to install on my Buggy and keep looking at the EZBleeder to flush and bleed the brakes.
My fiberglass car collection!

In honor of bowtie56jw:Another victim of the nasty "C" Praying for ya Jeff!

My exwife said if I towed home one more bug she would leave me. You know, every once in a while I miss her
74Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a pressure bleeder similar to EZ Bleed on my VW-based kit car. Installed complete new brake system including dual master cylinder. BEFORE you install the master cylinder do a bench bleed of the mc. Then install it and bleed the rest of the system. Easy peezy.

2012 Silverado
53 FiberFab MG TD Replica (VW)

Life is hard and its harder if you're stupid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sturgeongeneral
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I installed the new dual master cylinder today! So tomorrow I will go ahead and pressure bleed the system. Hopefully it will make the job a breeze. I have cutting brakes on the buggy so I think using the pressure bleeder should really help get things done!I know using the pressure bleeder on the Lotus sure makes things easier, especially since a yearly flush is on the pm list as well as a quick bleeding before and after a track day. I will keep all informed on how it goes.

My exwife said if I towed home one more bug she would leave me. You know, every once in a while I miss her
sturgeongeneral
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I intentionally did not bench bleed the master cylinder to test the power bleeder. All went flawlessly and I've never had better brakes on the buggy! Even the turning brakes are better than ever! I recommend using a pressure bleeder to the whole VW community.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: