Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW412 1974
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cbonilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: VW412 1974 Reply with quote

Hi
I need the rubber seals for all the windows of my restored VW412
Does anyone know we're I can find them. Not the doors four rear and front and rear
Thanks for the help
Volky071
bradself
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW412 1974 Reply with quote

Cbonilla wrote:
Hi
I need the rubber seals for all the windows of my restored VW412
Does anyone know we're I can find them. Not the doors four rear and front and rear
Thanks for the help
Volky071

You have to make them out of Type3 rubber, double sets cut and glued. Others have used late transporter for the windshield and rear window with less success--too bulky at the corners.

Ray has a scheme for using T1 seals on the windshield but it requires extra rubber glued in, he may chime in. NOS rubber is your only other hope (and hope is the word.)
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...it, should work but I cant try it until temps come up into at least the 30s outside. Probably late april or early may. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cbonilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help to all !!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: