Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

tranny
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
2387engine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: tranny Reply with quote

Hi out there my discussion is on a tranny workin on installing the gear cluster and housing shims at pinion on inside tranny how to figure out the shim cuz the trany working on I thought had one thin shim and a thicker one with a flat on it installing it together the pinion binds after tightened so how would I figure this out Anyone know
Dougy Dee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thin one is the shim that goes on the pinion bearing before you install it in the case the thick one is a washer that goes on before the big nut on the pinion bearing you may be in over your head but you know that by now thankfully your spelling skills are adequate and I figured out what you were saying I think oh and it binds up because the thick shim is in the wrong location

Tough to read, isn't it! Do a search and learn where the comma and period keys are on the key board
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andrewvwclassic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a good service manual man dont you know better than to do that on your own.
andrewvwclassic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say agin get a manual if you dont like posive reinforcement and harm reduction dont post on a public forum. and please dont pm with retarded ass remarks treat my pm as a telephone and a number to someone you dont know and does not want to talk to you. I dont care if you forgot if you had a manual you would not need to remember.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: