Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gene Berg shifter, how much?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonikWagens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with cwsi on this, they all work well but the Berg is just twice as good. It has the best performance as well as feel. You get what you pay for these days and with all the import crap that just keeps coming in these days I will pay extra to get the quality/performance. Remember it costs a lot less to copy then it does to innovate and that is what you pay for in a Berg product (INNOVATION). Sure they are a bit more on like products but there is really only one place to buy their products and that is directly from them.
cswi9367
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just drop the 225, it will feel like a new car, and much easier/more pleasurable to drive, even if stock.

walk around at a drag event, take a tablet with you, write down all the shifters you see. your gonna see one....a berg. there is a reason for that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bk63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slawsom,I did take my coil wire and my roter off they draged out of my apartment comlex with a tow rope .they ended up diching it about a mile away.Now i have a locking berg shifter its built like a tank i will never have to worry about that happening agian Very Happy
olskool58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed my berg locking shifter last night, I've had all the different shifters at one time or another,empi eliminator, scat, hurst, bugpack- NOTHING is even comparable- plus just the peice of mind that goes with the lock is worth the $$$
63 ghia
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: