Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Whiskey & Sawdust 67 Volksrod Project
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskeyandsawdust
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject: Whiskey & Sawdust 67 Volksrod Project Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

So I picked up this '67 this past weekend for $2600. Think I got a great deal, it has a new engine, trans, & interior all as of about August last year. Don't really care for the seats so they'll be going up for sale, should be good for a couple hundred at least. Plan to make something similar to the bombers pictured, back seat as well, except instead of metal I'm planning on wood. A lot of my interior will be wood as a matter of fact. My pics are all mixed up in order but the volksrod is pretty much my planned finish in general with my own touch. Not planning a chop right now maybe later. Im putting a full cage in it cause ill be hauling my young kids around sometimes.

Im starting out just making sure all the mechanicals are solid, needs new bearings, clutch and brakes need adjusted, throwing in a new shifter, and a little electrical work. Its going to be my daily driver so everything needs to be solid. This is my 7th beetle and im excited to actually have the funds and knowledge to accomplish it this time!

After that it will get lowered a bit front and back. Ive got some model A taillights and will be going with the pretty standard headlight buckets up front.

Not sure what ill do about paint, the current red isnt original I believe, I think it was a zenith blue. Probably will stick with the red though for now.

Thoughts?
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool man, Keep the build pics coming. I got to get back on mine after I finish moving.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=532897

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
whiskeyandsawdust
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: little bit here and there Reply with quote

So ive been getting a little bit done here and there so far. Installed EMPI trigger shifter, no big deal, nice to have that smaller shift pattern though. Ordered drop spindles and everything to change them out. Replaced brake switches, I now have working brake lights yay! Finally went to leave with the family in the wifes car and she says "I think you have a flat" sure enough the front drivers blew out! Dont know if it was just from the sun and heat or what but I decided to replace all my rubber right away! Swapped out to 195/60R15 from the stock 165R15, wish I had gone taller but digging the wider footprint.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: