Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

27th Annual Litchfield Bug In - June 21st 2015 - CT
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in VT., the drive home SUCKED, but the Truck runs great !!!! 426 miles & no problems!!!!!!!!!!
Nice to talk w/ the few folks that showed up........

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a good time camping, food was good too. Went early and bike rode about 20 miles of the Farmington Canal trail before the rain came. Nice trail, maybe in September we can do a group ride on Sat.
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the rain sucked it was a fun weekend. Highroof drove great and at least leaving early we did not have the traffic issues on the way home. The best was being able to bring the panel to Litchfield even though it was just in the trailer ( and now we know we can fit a bus in the trailer).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday evening's adventure

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

We've been meaning to see if a bus will fit in our trailer, and figured why not bring it to Litchfield, which it's been probably at least 15 years since it's been there. Now we can officially say that we can transport your bus, though it does have to be on pan dollies.

Both of our rigs in our corner at the campground.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EA812
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My phone was dead this morning and we were having issues getting out the door, wouldn’t ever think of trying to get any information out of our brontosaurs computer that early in the day! So we missed the fact that it was called off. Had fun anyhow. I feel bad for everybody who put on such a great venue and had to call it off though. All the planning and setup that went into this.

So we went to the pancake breakfast instead.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zack1978
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a truly awful decision to call off the show so late! The weather forecast was available in advance, use it to make an informed logical decision. If you were going to call off the show, it should have been done much sooner!
Thank you show organizers for causing me to waste a beautiful sunny day driving 224 miles round trip. Oh and did you happen to notice that the weather was beautiful??
Simply awful organization.
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zack1978 wrote:
What a truly awful decision to call off the show so late! The weather forecast was available in advance, use it to make an informed logical decision. If you were going to call off the show, it should have been done much sooner!
Thank you show organizers for causing me to waste a beautiful sunny day driving 224 miles round trip. Oh and did you happen to notice that the weather was beautiful??

Zach, you have no idea what goes into producing an event like this, if you did you wouldn't make such an asinine statement. The weather changes every hour, you can't rely 100% on any forecast. This wasn't an easy decision for Chuck, he invests a lot into the show, and if he went through with it, and only a handful of people show, he's out a lot more than your "wasted" afternoon.

Give the guy a break.

-jeffrey
hansie Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Zack
If you would have turned on your computer or your I-phone you would have seen Chuck canceled the show right here on THe Samba at 3 minutes to 6:00 this morning. If you were such a smart ass you should have watched the weather. They were calling for 100 % chance of rain. We went up yesterday to spent time with friends and had a great time , we knew last night that the show was probably wasn't going to happen. We didn't get pissed off at Chuck wasn't his fault. I think you owe him and the club an apology !!!
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one in every crowd. Zack should be publicly shunned. What a ridiculous comment to make. Yes, the weather was calling for horrible conditions throughout the day, that being said it was beautiful here on Long Island from 10 am through 15 minutes ago, when we had torrential downpours.
I can't, and won't comment on what it may have been like in CT, as I was here on Long Island. Weather fluctuates greatly around the tri-state, so unless you Zack are a meteorologist you should leave the decision making to people who know better.
ALOT of planning, money and effort goes into a show like this. If Chuck and the folks at the fairgrounds pulled the plug prematurely, they forfeit all the money and effort that they have invested.
I made the decision to stay home rather than get wet.
You likely should've done the same, or at least checked the boards, or with a friend who may have been up there already.
You should apologize to Chuck, or maybe consider not showing up to the rain date in the fall. No one likes a spoil sport.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zack1978 wrote:
What a truly awful decision to call off the show so late! The weather forecast was available in advance, use it to make an informed logical decision.

Really ?????
Yes weather info was available and you did not figure out is was not worth a trip to Ct. ?? 100% chance of RAIN @ 8:00a.m. Sunday is what I saw......

And what part of the "beautiful sunny day" included the down pours I drove out of Ct. @ 7:30 a.m. in ... ?

Mother nature is a crewl Biotch.... deal with it...........
It was sunny & 80 degrees @ 2p.m. here in Vt.

oh, and p.s.: my CUNTESSA sisterinlaw got remarried today, so the rain was expected,,,,, Laughing

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
EA812
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what the weather looked like at the10 or 10:30AM at the fairgrounds.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zack1978 wrote:
causing me to waste a beautiful sunny day driving 224 miles round trip.

How can driving your car 224 miles on a beautiful sunny day be a waste? The drive to and from the show is the best part. Next time, take a deep breath before you type.
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EA812 wrote:
This is what the weather looked like at the10 or 10:30AM at the fairgrounds.

I've seen worse.

I don't see any ducks swimming on the show field.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was there and it was raining when I packed up my tent. Pouring when leaving the pancake breakfast and ditto when stopping for gas not too far away and also when checking out some CT parks/ponds on way home.

I think the right call was made and I drove over 2.5 hours one way and was there already having spent the night.

I plan to return in Sept. and hope for good weather. I hope the organizers did not take a financial hit - food was served, fireworks went off, 2 bands played, there were two bouncy houses for the kids, never mind whatever fairgrounds cost in addition to the above.

Despite no show, it seems everybody I talked to who camped enjoyed themselves, unless they came late.
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
Zack1978
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some excellent point made, and some well taken.
First of all I truly appreciate that the show even exists. The hobby itself would be dead if it were not for all of the hard working club members, etc.

The Litchfield show is a great show and I have been attending for over 20 years, and I plan on continuing to do so.
Zack1978
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obnoxiousblue wrote:
There is one in every crowd. Zack should be publicly shunned. What a ridiculous comment to make. Yes, the weather was calling for horrible conditions throughout the day, that being said it was beautiful here on Long Island from 10 am through 15 minutes ago, when we had torrential downpours.
I can't, and won't comment on what it may have been like in CT, as I was here on Long Island. Weather fluctuates greatly around the tri-state, so unless you Zack are a meteorologist you should leave the decision making to people who know better.
ALOT of planning, money and effort goes into a show like this. If Chuck and the folks at the fairgrounds pulled the plug prematurely, they forfeit all the money and effort that they have invested.
I made the decision to stay home rather than get wet.
You likely should've done the same, or at least checked the boards, or with a friend who may have been up there already.
You should apologize to Chuck, or maybe consider not showing up to the rain date in the fall. No one likes a spoil sport.

LOL
EA812
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shano63 wrote:
Zack1978 wrote:
causing me to waste a beautiful sunny day driving 224 miles round trip.

How can driving your car 224 miles on a beautiful sunny day be a waste? The drive to and from the show is the best part. Next time, take a deep breath before you type.

That's same thought I had. My car ran great! That could change at any minute and I love getting the opportunity to drive it. So enjoy the ride😀 That and the pancake breakfast really bailed us out when we needed a quick break.
caseydenise
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went up Saturday as this has become my families yearly Father's Day tradition.
Between the great dinner, tractor pulls, fun bounce, fireworks, and pancakes for breakfast it still was an awesome weekend. Good friends as always.
Thank you goes out to Chuck and the other folks who work so hard to put on this show. You will see me and my family there next year for sure. I owe you a beer in Flanders.

I am still having Litchfield swap withdrawals. That I did get sad about Sad
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tractor pull was the best part of the weekend, and watching the Mets in Rob Wilms tablet.

https://instagram.com/p/4MdUCBx0JA/?taken-by=mannys66_
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday night was fun @ campground. I slept at my friends house in Torrington center that night , when I returned a tupperware tub of stuff I left was gone. I returned at 830am to the campsite. If you took it, PM me. It contained some Type-2 aircleaners.

I spent sunday watching six million dollar man episodes in Torrington and then drove back in %100 sunshine.

Glad I drove down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: