Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can't find a 29.5" x 26mm Torsion bars...HELP!
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrackerCasey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Can't find a 29.5" x 26mm Torsion bars...HELP! Reply with quote

So my Rail has a custom torsion housing (+6 I think?) and requires 29.5" torsion bars. I currently have a SAW 28mm bars and it was great with my 4.3 cast iron V6 in it but I switched to 2.4 EcoTEC and now it is too stiff and I want a 26mm Bar., When I ask suppliers about it they look at me like I'm crazy and say that 29.5" is not a size that is made...I have a set so I know they are wrong. Any suggestions on where to get a set?

I have sent emails to several suppliers including Sway-a-way and only Appletree has replied and they said to try SAW direct

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Jcr. Kat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call them direct don't wait for an email. If you have 300m bars send them to sway a way have them maged and they can turn them down to 26mm or make new ones ,but there going to be pricey $830-1000 dlrs.
Jcr. Kat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call them direct don't wait for an email. If you have 300m bars send them to sway a way have them maged and they can turn them down to 26mm or make new ones ,but there going to be pricey $830-1000 dlrs.
TrackerCasey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response! I called and they will regrind my bars for $150 plus shipping, Seems reasonable.
Jcr. Kat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very reasonable considering what they cost new.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: