Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Traffic Stop
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday I decided to go through Bethpage State Park on my way home from a 50 mile bicycle ride. There's an road from the parking lot to the entrance that's a long down hill so as usual, i hit it hard. Half way is a State Park Police car on the side as I pass him, I see the lights turn on and he pulls out. At the bottom he's sort of behind me and I pull to the side to let him by... but he pulls over also.

I ask "what's up?", his reply was he was reading something and his radar went off indicating a speed over 35mph in a 30mph zone. When he looked up he didn't see a car in either direction. He then asked "did you see a car?". I said no, it must of been me, I can easily pass 35mph on that hill. He smiled and said "it must of been a car neither of us saw".

At that point I told him I have a bike computer and can check if it was over 35.... he said "get out of here and be safe".

I guess he was surprised that I bicycle can go that fast... he was pretty cool.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kamesama980
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Thursday I decided to go through Bethpage State Park on my way home from a 50 mile bicycle ride. There's an road from the parking lot to the entrance that's a long down hill so as usual, i hit it hard. Half way is a State Park Police car on the side as I pass him, I see the lights turn on and he pulls out. At the bottom he's sort of behind me and I pull to the side to let him by... but he pulls over also.

I ask "what's up?", his reply was he was reading something and his radar went off indicating a speed over 35mph in a 30mph zone. When he looked up he didn't see a car in either direction. He then asked "did you see a car?". I said no, it must of been me, I can easily pass 35mph on that hill. He smiled and said "it must of been a car neither of us saw".

At that point I told him I have a bike computer and can check if it was over 35.... he said "get out of here and be safe".

I guess he was surprised that I bicycle can go that fast... he was pretty cool.

I hit 30 on flat ground once, years ago, for about a block. Then I tried to not pass out for 5 minutes.
1994 Pontiac Firebird
2001 BMW R1200C
2003 Subaru Baja
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Jerome Reply with quote

M1Lover wrote:
Not even a little. Our little town of 450 has SIX police officers. Arithmetically that's 1 officer per 75 citizens. Yes, we are troublemakers up here. Actually its a retirement town. They swear its to protect us from the bikers and tourists.
That said, they pay for their police presence with speeding ticket revenue! 20MPH means 20! OK, well 22 or 23, but if you get ticketed its like $250, so go slow in your 36HP powered road machines and enjoy the scenery.

I don't know how long you have lived in Jerome ...

About 16 years ago I left Jerry's w/ a friend after shooting pool.
My friend got pulled over within a block.
No reason was given for the stop.
He was asked if he was drinking - given a field sobriety test - no breathalyzer.
He passed.
After he got back in the car - I asked the officer what necessitated the stop ?
Was there evidence of DUI behavior he witnessed ?
He had no answer.
Then he shifted his attention to me - asking for my drivers' license.
I refused - told him I was not the operator.
Told him he had no probable cause for the stop.
Then he asked me to step out of the vehicle - I declined.
I told him to call his supervisor.
A few more minutes & we we were on our way.
That office was fired shortly thereafter - then caught later impersonating
a police officer in Cottonwood I believe - attempting to engage in sex acts
w/ women he pulled over .... Rolling Eyes
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be in Jerome next weekend. Over in the show area maybe mention your experience in the post.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=631239

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: