Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Phoenix VW clubs
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron Waller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Phoenix VW clubs Reply with quote

Trying to get together some folks with Type 1, 11, 111 or IV's. Informal, no rules, not even a name. If interested just respond. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rotorhed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would be interested. I'm not currently part of any club, but I always like to talk aircooled when given the chance. Also I always liked the sound of "cruise nights" or group trips. Oh, guess I should mention I'm a Ghia keeper/owner/mechanic/daily driver.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Waller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Car Clubs Phoenix Reply with quote

Great to hear back from you. I'll send you a private message with my email and I'll fill you in.
1962silverbullet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there,

If you are looking for a meet up spot, you'll always find some vw folks at 67th ave and bell in the big kmart parking lot on sat nights. Also Lunde's vw dealership has a meet and greet the first friday of every month from what i was told. The VW scene is not as big as it once was here in PHX.
Ron Waller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Phoenix Club Reply with quote

Thanks. We were hoping to find something in the East Valley
rotorhed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also a westsider. live about a mile from the K-mart, but I think I've only ever seen 1 bug there. I've stopped by there a few times.
Ron Waller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Phoenix Club Reply with quote

Last week I saw two Ghia's and a beetle going the other way in my area. No way to turn around and catch them! I flyers together and stick them on windshields; gave a bunch out at Bugorama too.

We might have to compromise and meet somewhere in the middle. I have my passenger door to the bare metal and am replacing felt and scrappers. What a challenge!
1962silverbullet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Body work always sucks. yea man not sure. Maybe swing by dougs bugs and bunnies. They are in Mesa.
rjonas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow east Mesa dub lover here, I have a split bus and a Type-181 Thing. The Arizona Bus Club is the club I'm in but there are good things going on with the German Toyz club and a few of them are east Siders that I've seen or hung with. Usually a few dubs at the every Friday night car show at Albertsons baseline & Ellsworth. Some activity on FB with some locals in regards to day trips and 3rd Friday meet ups. Search FB: (Arizona Bus Club, Busties Bus Club, AZ V-Dubs, German Toyz). The AZ Bus Club is doing a Salt River Float trip May 30 & June 27. Welcome to PM me and stop by sometime...I'm usually tinkering on a vw or something in my garage every nearly evening. I'm near Ellsworth & Elliott. Also every Friday 4-430pm a couple of us play disc golf at Red Moutain park on Brown rd west of 202.
Later,
Roy

www.azbusclub.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pitterpat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjonas wrote:
Fellow east Mesa dub lover here, I have a split bus and a Type-181 Thing. The Arizona Bus Club is the club I'm in but there are good things going on with the German Toyz club and a few of them are east Siders that I've seen or hung with. Usually a few dubs at the every Friday night car show at Albertsons baseline & Ellsworth. Some activity on FB with some locals in regards to day trips and 3rd Friday meet ups. Search FB: (Arizona Bus Club, Busties Bus Club, AZ V-Dubs, German Toyz). The AZ Bus Club is doing a Salt River Float trip May 30 & June 27. Welcome to PM me and stop by sometime...I'm usually tinkering on a vw or something in my garage every nearly evening. I'm near Ellsworth & Elliott. Also every Friday 4-430pm a couple of us play disc golf at Red Moutain park on Brown rd west of 202.
Later,
Roy

I lived in Chandler / Scotsdale late 2008 and most of 2009; there used to be a VW club that met at the KMart nearly every Saturday evening. What happened to that club?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: