Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pict 34 sizes?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jutphall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:25 am    Post subject: Pict 34 sizes? Reply with quote

Good morning! I just bought a used Pict 34 to put on my 1835. The bolt holes are too far apart on the carb. Do they make this carb in different sizes? My 30/31 fits the opening and bolt holes in the manifold, but I feel I need a larger carb for this engine.

Thanks!
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PICT 34 is large than your 30/31. You need either an adapter plate, or a new manifold.
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running dual port or single port? If single port, I believe the only option is to use an adapter to allow the larger 34PICT to be fitted. If dual port, I'd suggest changing the center section over to one that the 34 bolts directly to... the reason being when they swapped over to the 34PICT they also used a slightly larger diameter intake for increased airflow.
volksnhousin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A single port carb (like your 30/31) uses the closer together bolt spacing. It sounds like you have a single port manifold so this is the info you are looking for: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6963379 The adapter will not be a 100% bolt on affair for you.

If you want an "upgrade" and are going through the effort to put the 34 carb on, get the 34 manifold and end casts to go with it. It will flow better with the proper manifold.

Personally if it was me I would just use the 30/31 if it isn't giving you problems but you are not me so. Smile

Cheers,
Andy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: